Celebrity | Constellation | November 24, 2013 - G&L

OrlandoCruizer

• 1 month later...
Just booked today. Have some relatives coming along with us. Should be a fun time. Arriving in Rome on the 19th for some pre-cruise touring.

Tim & Dale

Outstanding! We arrive in Rome the next day! I'm glad this board finally came to life. I was beginning to wonder if we were the only ones! LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellow cruisers. We just booked today. That 1-2-3 offer was too good to pass up. Transatlantic is my favorite route having done 3 already; but I have never done it with Celebrity before.

Brian from Baltimore here. I'm traveling with my BFF from high school (Erika).

We'll make air arrangements in a few weeks; probably do 1 night in Rome and 1 night in Civitavecchia.

I chose this sailing because all of the ports are new to me; except for Malaga.

Erika and I are actually booked on the first crossing of the brand-new Norwegian Breakaway next month. So excited for that but I know the outdoor temperatures will be frigid. 2 crossings in 1 year. Yes, I need help with my travel addiction. :)

I've never cruised Celebrity before. They seem sophistocated so I'm sure they are gay-friendly. Do they regularly schedule LBGT get togethers?

Hello fellow cruisers. We just booked today. That 1-2-3 offer was too good to pass up. Transatlantic is my favorite route having done 3 already; but I have never done it with Celebrity before.

Brian from Baltimore here. I'm traveling with my BFF from high school (Erika).

We'll make air arrangements in a few weeks; probably do 1 night in Rome and 1 night in Civitavecchia.

I chose this sailing because all of the ports are new to me; except for Malaga.

Erika and I are actually booked on the first crossing of the brand-new Norwegian Breakaway next month. So excited for that but I know the outdoor temperatures will be frigid. 2 crossings in 1 year. Yes, I need help with my travel addiction. :)

I've never cruised Celebrity before. They seem sophistocated so I'm sure they are gay-friendly. Do they regularly schedule LBGT get togethers?

yes....there is a nightly get together in the martini bar.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

My partner and I are also booked on this crossing and really can't wait. Crossings are our favorite and we do at least one a year. It will be our first on Constellation and third on Celebrity. We live just north of Montreal. We'll be in Rome on the 23Nov13 and we'll take the train down to Civitavecchia on the 24Nov13 in the morning, we did it before, it's pretty cheap and the train gets us directly to the port.

See you all there :)

• 4 weeks later...

My wife and I are booked on this cruise and will be on board B2B for the cruise before. The previous cruises is very port intensive so were looking forward to relaxing on the crossing.

We're looking for a few couple who would be willing to join us for a private excursion for our stop in Florence with "Rome by Limo". The plan is to go to Pisa Lucca and finish with a stop at a winery. It's a pretty long but laid back day. I think it's 125€ per person if there is one other couple or less if we're six total.

Please email my wife (who is arranging this) at Darlene at perennialinn dot com if your interested in joining us.

Looking forward to meeting everyone in the Martini Bar.

Happy Sailing!

Jenna

My partner and I are also booked on this TA. This will be our 5th crossing, first on the Connie. Have done other crossings on the larger Solstice class ships and had a blast and meet lots of great people at FOD/ Martini bar. Little nervous on a smaller ship how FOD will go... are there enough of us on board? just wondering..

My partner and I are also booked on this TA. This will be our 5th crossing, first on the Connie. Have done other crossings on the larger Solstice class ships and had a blast and meet lots of great people at FOD/ Martini bar. Little nervous on a smaller ship how FOD will go... are there enough of us on board? just wondering..

We have never really been successful meeting lots of others at FOD, as we've sailed in either really off times, or been stuck cruising Spring Break (YUCK). We did meet a few folks on Reflection in April.

That being said, this is one of the busiest GL role calls I have seen for the cruises we have been on, so based on that, I think it will be a pretty friendly cruise :)

Happy Sailing!

Jenna

• 1 month later...

We have done several crossings and there is always a fairly large FOD group. We have been on the both the Constellation and the Silhouette and prefer the Constellation.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!

It seems that there's been a few changes! We're not going to Malaga - instead we're hitting a 2nd Canary Island.

Also, most disappointing - we're not going to Casablanca! Instead we're going to Agadir which is on the Southwest Coast.

We're contemplating about taking the day and driving to Marrakesh. It's about 2 Hours and 45 Minutes away.

There's 3 of us - Me, My hubby and my sister. We're looking for another couple to share the costs - we're looking at renting a van at a cost of approximately $100.00 plus gas, insurance, etc.

If you speak French - we'll pick up the tab. I speak Arabic and French but neither is very well and the Arabic I speak is Gulf Arabic - which is a completely different dialect than they speak in Morocco.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip on Trenitalia! Just booked tickets on the 12:00 to Civi as well.

We've been holding back on finalizing this trip since the change of itinerary, but decided this week that it is still the best option for us, especially with that free Beverage Package attached...lol

This will be our fourth TA and second cruise on Celebrity. Not used to such long voyages but we are celebrating two milestone birthdays and an anniversary, so two weeks+ seemed appropriate :)

Fort Lauderdale is our part time winter residence, so if I can help with any questions about post-cruise, please let me know!

Look forward to meeting everyone on board.

Tom (and Scott)

What's everyone's flight plan over to Rome? Matt and I are

21 NOV 2013 ORLANDO to ROME

MCO to ATL : DL 2169 DEPART: 1:30 PM ARRIVE: 3:00 PM

LAYOVER IN ATLANTA, GA 1H 26M

ATL to FCO : DL 240 DEPART: 4:26 PM ARRIVE: 8:10 AM

THIS FLIGHT ARRIVES - FRI, 22 NOV 2013.

What's everyone's flight plan over to Rome? Matt and I are

21 NOV 2013 ORLANDO to ROME

MCO to ATL : DL 2169 DEPART: 1:30 PM ARRIVE: 3:00 PM

LAYOVER IN ATLANTA, GA 1H 26M

ATL to FCO : DL 240 DEPART: 4:26 PM ARRIVE: 8:10 AM

THIS FLIGHT ARRIVES - FRI, 22 NOV 2013.

We'll be on the boat when you all arrive, we'll, probably out on a tour, but...we'll have been on the boat for a while :D

Just made our final payment, so there's no turning back now. Really looking

forward to the cruise and meeting everyone. Will be flying from Frankfurt to Rome 23 Nov. and staying overnight and going to the ship early afternoon Sunday... Welcome aboard

Hello and everyone and good afternoon. Well, it seems the happy hour special was too good to pass up. At least for me. I am traveling single but with a friend who is on the B2B from Istanbul. I am arriving the day before on the nonstop from Miami. I will be going to Civitavecchia for the night. If anyone is also planning on going there and arriving FCO, perhaps we could share a car service. I would also be up for an excursion or 2 if they were still available.

For those of you that were wondering and or worrying, rest easy, Celebrity has one of the highest GLBTQ groups on their trans-atlantics.. I have been on 16 tans-ats and 10 of them on Celebrity. I love them. The weather may be a bit iffy, but you're at sea with a whole bunch of people that want nothing more than to meet other people of like minds. We're all here to totally enjoy ourselves and have fun and relaxation. Right? Now, I love the "Connie". She has some of the nicest crew afloat. It's smaller size is wonderful. Plus Celebrity really takes care of their frequent passengers. Really!

I look forward to meeting all of you and probably some of you again,

Howard in sunny, yet a tad cloudy but expected, Fort Lauderdale:)

Howard in sunny, yet a tad cloudy but expected, Fort Lauderdale:)

Howard - I believe we sailed with you a couple of years ago on the Equinox of the Eclipse. In fact, if memory serves, I believe we all went to dinner the night before at Alibi....is that you?

Yeap. The cruise before has some REALLY good pricing. Lots of open cabins, especially on some of the nicer cabins and suites.

Nice! We were looking at Back-To-Back but alas, we got the "look" from our 18 year old dog and thought - nah, too long to be gone. LOL Last year we were gone for 7 weeks and when we get home, she didn't look at us for a week. LOL

Good morning, OrlandoCruizer, well I guess we must have met. I think it was the Equinox as I haven't been on the Eclipse. I was going to go on the Eclipse this November as a whole bunch of guys from my Connie crossing in the Spring of 2012, were planning a group outing. I really like the Connie and was happier booking this trip. I have had quite enough of Rome, but hey, that's where she's leaving from. I will fly in a day earlier just in case and stay in Civitavecchia overnight and then walk across the street and board the ship.

Shall we plan on meeting at the Martini bar first night out at say, 730ish, All gay cruisers, plan on the Martini Bar either pre/post dinner, first night out. I think it's important to get this party started, Right?

Howard in just awakening, but always beautiful Fort Lauderdale:)