Rental car in Honolulu

drsmith

We have a rental car reserved with Enterprise in Honolulu for Friday, Feb 8. Their office closes at 6:00pm and they don't permit late drop offs. I really would like to find a rental car that I can return later.

I heard it was like a $50 taxi ride to the airport (each way) from the cruise port (near Aloha Tower).

Does anyone have first hand experience with renting a car in Honolulu that included a late drop off, and was accessible from the cruise port?

We rented from Thrify though Discount Car Rentals for $29 for the day. Their last shuttle back to the pier was 9pm. I'm not sure how late they're open but you might want to give them a call to see if you can drop off later than 9pm unless someone else here knows of a car rental later than that. You can catch a bus from the airport back to the Waikiki area, maybe one stops at the Aloha Tower, I'm not sure because I've never done it. That would be a lot cheaper than a taxi. $2 or so per person. I think the trick would be getting yourself on foot from the car rental lot to the spots at Honolulu airport where the bus stands are.

We got dropped off at the port, not sure if they pick up - but I called their local office at the Honolulu airport (instead of the toll free number) just to make sure they took us to the port

I would suggest calling them, - I figure if they drop off they probably pick up

Archived