Crown Princess Riviera Aft Balcony Question

legalwife

Hello:

You were all so helpful on our first Princess cruise on the Golden, I am back for more info from you. Yes, I did post on cabin selection tips as well, but have quite a few looks but no answers yet.

When we did Golden, we were in E729 with the extended balcony, last cabin on the side. The cabin we are looking at now is R746 on the Crown. It looks similar in the deck plan with the little area off to the side for the extension, but it is calling it an "angled balcony". I have searched for pictures and googled with different word options but can't find anything that will explain. Princess agent I spoke with thinks it is like E729 on the Golden, but not sure...

Can any of you help me please? Thanks so much as always for your knowledge.

Hello:

You were all so helpful on our first Princess cruise on the Golden, I am back for more info from you. Yes, I did post on cabin selection tips as well, but have quite a few looks but no answers yet.

When we did Golden, we were in E729 with the extended balcony, last cabin on the side. The cabin we are looking at now is R746 on the Crown. It looks similar in the deck plan with the little area off to the side for the extension, but it is calling it an "angled balcony". I have searched for pictures and googled with different word options but can't find anything that will explain. Princess agent I spoke with thinks it is like E729 on the Golden, but not sure...

Can any of you help me please? Thanks so much as always for your knowledge.

I was trying to find a photo but the search function is disabled.

There is an angled wall (outside) at the end of Riviera deck and the balcony juts out into that angled area slightly. Not much. Hard to explain without a pic. :)

We had R746 on the Emerald 3 years ago. Great location for access to the Terrace Pool and Caribe Cafe.

I don't have a picture but it is an unusual balcony. The angled portion allows you to look forward but most importantly what is not shown is there's a heck of a lot of ship super structure and steel wrapped around the balcony. Where most balcony's have the plastic divider between balconies and generally an open feeling when you come out onto the balcony of R746 to your left side is a steel white wall that when it gets to where the wooden rail should be juts to the right for 3-4 feet (the angle). Then there's some more of the steel wall for a few feet that then runs into the wooden rail where the balcony is open and then on the right side is more steel.

It's a balcony, it's larger then most, you're on a cruise but that light and airy feeling is not there. Certainly you'll have plenty of privacy.

I'm confused by the preceding posts. As this photo of what appears to be the Crown/Emerald/Ruby clearly shows, Riviera 746 has the normal balcony every other cabin does. Aloha 746 is the one with the weirdly-angled balcony.

And sorry for the ginormous size of the photo. Copied from another thread.

BonaireandCrownPrincess4-30-08.jpg

I couldn't find our pictures from the inside but the photo shows the angled white steel below some ladders or equipment with a regular balcony below. The wooden rail you'd lean out on can't be seen because of the angle of the picture and because it's looking forward and the picture is from the side. This balcony is hidden behind the steel super structure of the hull.

Hmmm.... Liking this cabin less and less.

Looks like folks next door can turn their heads and say hi pretty easily. I am a people person, but that might be a little too close for seven days. :eek:

Thanks for the picture. That helps me sort of figure this out...

Archived