When and how are the times to book?

heyabbott

We've cruised RCI twice before, 7 day Caribbean (From FLA) and 5 day Bermuda (From Balt). (And once on HAL)

Because of timing issues, we really didn't do much shopping around. Now I have plenty of time to book a cruise from the end of May thru August.

When's the best time to book to get the best prices?

Is booking on line directly the cheapest way to go, or is there a better alternative.

THanks, I really want to surprise the family with a cruise vacation. They love it, we love it and I deserve it.

The peak summer cruise season runs from about mid-May until roughly Labor Day weekend (or, when the kids are out of school). Most of the mass market cruise lines like Holland-America, Norwegian Cruise Lines, Princess Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, and Royal Caribbean send the bulk (if not their entire) fleet to alternate summer destinations like the Mediterranean, Northern Europe, and Alaska. Don't wait too long to book, and don't expect any discounts or cheap prices, although some agencies may still have cabins blocked at a cheaper rate than booking straight through the cruise line. Since we are not allowed to mention travel agencies by name, this search will require some legwork on your part to see who has the better rates and any other perks they may be able to offer like onboard credit or pre-paid gratuities.

Happy hunting! ;)

Archived