Need a quiet beach for the day

Decali

My wife and I have been to Coz on cruises 7 times in the last year and a half.

While in Cozumel, we have always gone to Dzul Ha for snorkeling, drinks, etc. but are looking for a quiet beach day this trip. What we want is something reasonably close to the pier (5-15 dollar cab trip) bar/food on site and, please don't get offended by this, minimal numbers of children (we've raised two so it's a "been there, done that" kind of thing as far as that goes).

For other cruisers, we have been to Mahahual and are looking for that kind of atmosphere.

Any ideas?

I'm not sure about the place you mentioned...but have you researched Nachi Cocom on this board? We had a WONDERFUL time here in May....it was quiet...(except us lol)...no children when we were there.....they offered an all-inclusive deal for $32 (open bar, buffet, and a one hour use of snorkel equipment or kayaks)....and the cab was $15. Beautiful beach...nice facilities....ahhhhhhhhhhh wish I were back!

I personally did not snorkel while we were there...but my husband did. He found some awesome shells for us to bring home when he was snorkeling. The only thing he had to compare it to was his snorkeling experience in Belize...which he said was better because of the reef....sorry I can't answer this better for you...anyone else???

You might consider Uvas Beach Club. Very small, nice, great food and superb snorkeling. It is right before Chankanaab and right past Dzul Ha. They have lounges and the whole place has a posh, South of France feel to it with comfy lounges...not beach chairs but plush individual, lounging chaises.

You might consider Uvas Beach Club. Very small, nice, great food and superb snorkeling. It is right before Chankanaab and right past Dzul Ha. They have lounges and the whole place has a posh, South of France feel to it with comfy lounges...not beach chairs but plush individual, lounging chaises.

Thanks for the advice. Input from a local in invaluable on any of these Ports of Call boards.

I've heard of this place but didn't know where it was. It sounds like it may be just what we are looking for. We are also considering Playa San Francisco, Playa Corona, Playa Palancar and Nachi-Cocum also. Does anyone have any other opinions about these or others?

If snorkelling is a must, Dzul Ha or Uvas are your best bets. Palancar is very quiet, but it's the furthest beach club before the other side of the island, so the cab fare is a bit higher. Snorkeling from Palancar requires a boat to get you out to the reefs. No one has mentioned Palm Beach, which deserves to be added to the list. Although the snorkeling is pretty tame (like Paradise) it's very quiet and the food and service are excellent.

Wherever you choose, you're sure to enjoy!

My wife and I have been to Coz on cruises 7 times in the last year and a half.

While in Cozumel, we have always gone to Dzul Ha for snorkeling, drinks, etc. but are looking for a quiet beach day this trip. What we want is something reasonably close to the pier (5-15 dollar cab trip) bar/food on site and, please don't get offended by this, minimal numbers of children (we've raised two so it's a "been there, done that" kind of thing as far as that goes).

For other cruisers, we have been to Mahahual and are looking for that kind of atmosphere.

Any ideas?

Just back Sunday - someone directed us to Palmar Estate Beach Club, find info on cozumelinsider.com for coupon. It is directly across the street from DZUL Ha. There was one other family there. You have access to their beach, chairs on the beach, then across the street you have access to their pool, lounge chairs, lockers, facilities, very limited menu.

We were looking for no people - - we found it & loved it!!!

How is the snorkling at Nachi Cocom?? I am very intrested in the AI deal, but snorkling is a must do thing.
Nachi Cocom wouldn't be a good choice if good snorkeling is a must do thing. You can snorkel at any sandy beach, but it won't be nearly as good as snorkeling from a rocky shore. Corals and sponges need a hard surface on which to anchor and a sandy bottom just doesn't provide this. It is the corals that attract most of the fish.

Nachi Cocom wouldn't be a good choice if good snorkeling is a must do thing. You can snorkel at any sandy beach, but it won't be nearly as good as snorkeling from a rocky shore. Corals and sponges need a hard surface on which to anchor and a sandy bottom just doesn't provide this. It is the corals that attract most of the fish.

After re-reading my original post I can see that I probably didn't make myself clear as to what we were really looking for.

We've always snorkeled in Cozumel and were looking for more of a quiet beach day (con cerveza) this trip.

Any input is appreciated.

debating between Nachi comen, paradise beach, palm beach and mr sanchos. How close to each other are these? can you walk from one to another? If one wants to rent wave runners, go para sailing or catch a short boat ride/catamaran ride, are they close enough to each beach to walk? The adults are leaning towards NC, but wondering if the teens want to do more fun adventurous stuff that these places are close by. thanks

p.s Am i correct that NC is $32 all inclusive but one can pay $10 to get in and use loungers etc. What are ala carte prices, roughly, for food and non alcoholic drinks. Is it best for teens to go ala carte?

We've been to this beach twice and absolutely loved it. No crowds, nice little restaurant/bar with very reasonable prices and good food, pretty beach.

Trish

I agree with Trish. Playa Palancar is just my speed for quiet relaxation.

We loved our day at Palm Beach. Best "beach food" we ever had!!! Service was fantastic!! Wonderful buy one get one free margaritas (Have a mango one they are great) Local people playing music we really enjoyed. Clean as could be, great chairs and umbrellas. Not crowded and no kids or teenagers. Just a wonderful relaxing quiet beach day!!

I have been reading all the postings on the quiet beaches. I will be going on a cruise in a week and a half with a two and three year old. I am looking for a quiet beach, away from the crowds, no water toys necessary, where we can relax and look at fish. So my question is 1.) Is it innapropriate to take kids here b/c people are trying to get away and 2.) Where do you recommend. I was thinking about Playa Corona b/c I read it was the best place to snorkel from the shore or Palm beach b/c of the quiet atmosphere and good food. Thoughts? Nicole

Archived