What I did in Barbados

TamaLee

We just returned from our cruise on the Carnival Spirit and wanted to share what we did in each port.

Before we left we research a lot of companies that offered snorkeling tours. Most of them could not accomodate us because the Spirit did not arrive into Barbados until 1:00 local time. We considered going with Stephen with Thriller Ocean Tours but since he received mix reviews on the board we decided to go with a ship tour.

That was until we found out that the Turtle and Shipwreck Snorkle tour through Carnival was $95 per person. So we decided to see if we could find Stephen when we arrived. The price of his tour was only $40.

We had no problem. When we arrived we went to the Tourism Authority and asked about snorkle tours. They recommended two. Thriller and El Tigre. Thriller was 3hours and went to two stops and El Tigre went to only one stop and was three hours as well. They left about an hour apart. We decided to go with Thriller and the two stop tour.

Stephen has two boats to choose from. A fishing boat and a speed boat so you can pick which one you want. The fishing boat goes at a much slower speed obviously than the speed boat. We picked the speed boat.

Stephen and his family were great hosts! I would recommend them highly. The day we went his daughters were out of school. His oldest daughter was the perfect hostess.

We first went to the spot to see the turtles. There were a few boats there and it was crowded, but we still got to see the turtles. Very cool. After than we went to a spot that has two sunkin ships. We were the only group there which made it very nice. Afterwards we stopped at a nice beach and Stephens wife and daughter served chips, dip, cookies, beer and run punch. They also offered sodas.

It was a great day.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Spirit 3/22/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;3;22;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

RCCL Viking Seranade 4/95

Carnival Jubilee 4/97

RCCL Majesty of the Seas 4/99

Norwegin Sun 4/00

Carnival Destiny 5/01

Carnival Destinty 4/02

Carnival Pride 3/03

Tamalee,

Thanks for the info icon_wink.gif

-Cruise

smile12.gif

Quote of the week

"We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same"

--Anne Frank

Nordic Prince 02/8900000002.gif

Princess 03/90193.gif

Nordic Prince 02/9100000004.gif

Splendour 12/98370.gif

Celebrity 12/0200000003.gif

NCL Dawn 03/04143.gif

Proud member of the PPS

Not so proud member of the Adventurers II00000041.gif

431.gif

NCL Dawn 02/05 icon_cool.gif

Can not come soon enough!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2005;2;10;13;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

sailboat01.gif

Hi,

We did the 5-hour on El Tigre with 2 stops and non-stop drinks (water, soda, lemonade, Banks beer or rum punch - and a few other choices). A very tasty lunch was included. Eddie was captain, Ricky and Scott were the rest of the crew. They were very friendly, attentive and a lot of fun. The max of 30 people were on board and it was not crowded. Our kids, 7 and 11, thoroughly enjoyed it. I highly recommend them.

Stan - Minnesota

gatogordo19 - I don't believe Stephen has a web site, but you can email him at thriller-ocean-tours@caribsurf.com

He resonded right back to any questions I had.

Spirit 3/22/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;3;22;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

RCCL Viking Seranade 4/95

Carnival Jubilee 4/97

RCCL Majesty of the Seas 4/99

Norwegin Sun 4/00

Carnival Destiny 5/01

Carnival Destinty 4/02

Carnival Pride 3/03

Archived