Why would I want to cruise with another line?

seriously. we had the BEST time on Valor last week. I can't imagine anything, with the exception of the embarkation and debarkation, that I'd want or need more. And the price is right for us. I'm afraid if I gamble with another line, now that I have this benchmark in my mind, I'll be disappointed. And after spending all the time and $ planning, that would just really stink. any thoughts?

Since you had such a great time, why not try a different Carnival ship? I am sure that other cruise lines also have problems with embarkation/debarkation. If you decide to try another cruise line that is great too. You can always come back to Carnival if you didn't like the other line. Just go with what feels right. What is most important is that you have a GREAT vacation.

I was able to try Royal Caribbean because their Voyager wsa cheaper by 200 then a carnival cruise. I usually try to go with whatever is cheaper. A cruise is what you make it to be. IF you go deciding you are gonna have the bestest time.. Im sure you wont find something bad...no matter which cruiselines you try.

seriously. we had the BEST time on Valor last week. I can't imagine anything, with the exception of the embarkation and debarkation, that I'd want or need more. And the price is right for us. I'm afraid if I gamble with another line, now that I have this benchmark in my mind, I'll be disappointed. And after spending all the time and $ planning, that would just really stink. any thoughts?
Glad to hear you had a great time. Did you post a review that I missed?

To answer your question, it's always interesting to see what else is out there. As long as the price is right and the itinerary is good, never hurts to venture out.

I personall stick with Carnival they have great prices, and good ports. Additionally, I live 15 minutes away from the port of Miami so I can jump in the car and jump on the ship..

The only reason I leave Carnival is because sometimes they dont offer certain ports I want to explore.. Example, Tahiti. However, after that trip I will be coming back because I want to go on their new ship to see Europe..

I personall stick with Carnival they have great prices, and good ports. Additionally, I live 15 minutes away from the port of Miami so I can jump in the car and jump on the ship..

The only reason I leave Carnival is because sometimes they dont offer certain ports I want to explore.. Example, Tahiti. However, after that trip I will be coming back because I want to go on their new ship to see Europe..

Isn't this where you say

Carnival Rules, Carnival Rules!

lol

Well now,does that mean i should wear jean capri's there?:D

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL :D

LOL!!! HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have really made me laugh...

But back to the subject at hand..

CARNIVAL RULES

rotfl2.gifrotfl2.gifrotfl2.gif

You guys crack me up!

Sorry if we briefly highjacked your thread MamaP. We do still want to hear about the cruise.

Mike: Love your little smilies... ;)

MamaP: Yes, Yes, I want to hear about your cruise.. Do tell!!!!

Glad to hear you had a great time. Did you post a review that I missed?

To answer your question, it's always interesting to see what else is out there. As long as the price is right and the itinerary is good, never hurts to venture out.

I posted a review on Tuesday, along with a link to my webshots album. "VALOR REVIEW 5/22-5/29/05". and don't worry about hijacking the thread...no biggie. :)

is that due to the fact we have 2 small kids (that I honestly don't want to be chasing around the ship, worried about seeking out chicken nuggets at every meal, nor do I want to be occupied with keeping my asthmatic away from the smokey areas) and a limited budget, we'll probably only be able to cruise every 3-4 years. When we do find the time, babysitters and squirrel away the money, I don't really feel comfortable just gambling on our vacations for the heck of it, LOL.

LOL

Actually an excuse to grab a coffee and catch up on some reading. :)

My suggestions on future cruises would be:

1) Don't do anything shorter than a 7-day. Both of the shorter cruises we've done on Carnival and RC weren't as good as the longer ones.

2) If you try a cruise on a ship older then the Valor (say for itinerary), keep that in mind. Sometimes it bothers people when the ship loses that "new car smell".

3) Don't compare any future cruises to your first. All will pale in comparison. There is just that special something the first time you get on a cruise ship and it doesn't seem you can duplicate it.

4) Enjoy each and every moment onboard, regardless of ship or itinerary. :D

LOL

Actually an excuse to grab a coffee and catch up on some reading. :)

My suggestions on future cruises would be:

1) Don't do anything shorter than a 7-day. Both of the shorter cruises we've done on Carnival and RC weren't as good as the longer ones.

2) If you try a cruise on a ship older then the Valor (say for itinerary), keep that in mind. Sometimes it bothers people when the ship loses that "new car smell".

3) Don't compare any future cruises to your first. All will pale in comparison. There is just that special something the first time you get on a cruise ship and it doesn't seem you can duplicate it.

4) Enjoy each and every moment onboard, regardless of ship or itinerary. :D

Now wait a minute~If you have kids who will be staying with family while your on your cruise, a 5-day cruise may be the better way to go.:)

Now wait a minute~If you have kids who will be staying with family while your on your cruise, a 5-day cruise may be the better way to go.:)
Okay, that's true. I know there are a lot of cruisers that enjoy the shorter cruises.

My experience on the Sensation and on the Sovereign seemed sub par as far as staff, food and activities. Not that they all are like that. But since MamaP mentioned only cruising every couple years, to keep more inline with what she experienced on the Valor, another 7-day might be better.

Does that make sense?

Okay, that's true. I know there are a lot of cruisers that enjoy the shorter cruises.

My experience on the Sensation and on the Sovereign seemed sub par as far as staff, food and activities. Not that they all are like that. But since MamaP mentioned only cruising every couple years, to keep more inline with what she experienced on the Valor, another 7-day might be better.

Does that make sense?

Perfectly!:)

Since you had such a great time, why not try a different Carnival ship? I am sure that other cruise lines also have problems with embarkation/debarkation. If you decide to try another cruise line that is great too. You can always come back to Carnival if you didn't like the other line. Just go with what feels right. What is most important is that you have a GREAT vacation.

I swear Disney is the only cruise line that has the Embakation & Debarkation down to a tee. It doesn't seem that difficult, why can't others get it?

Archived