Heartbeat of Jamicia Discover Falmouth any feed back?

bobert

I am looking to do something with DW in Falmouth and she seemed interested in this tour. Can anyone give me what their experience was like on this tour? Would also be interested in any other good suggestion for Falmouth as this will be our first time in this Port. My DW is NOT interested in Dunn,s River Falls or anything strenuous.

Thanks for your help.

• 4 weeks later...

We just did this tour last week and loved it. I've copied the Falmouth part of my cruise critic review for you below. It pretty much explains all we did on the tour. Keep in mind, there's no beach involved, but we figured we had 2 days at the beach in Grand Cayman and Labadee, so a tour with some local flavor would be a nice change. Hope this helps.

"We had heard so many horror stories about Jamaica, we weren't even sure we wanted to get off the ship. My advice to anyone going to Jamaica, don't listen to naysayers. Take an organized tour and enjoy your day. Stay out of the "local markets" where you get hawked to death. If you must, just shop in the port village. Our tour in Jamaica was called "The Heartbeat of Jamaica". First, let me say, the roads out to Trelawny were semi-paved at best, so the ride out there (about 40 minutes) was a bit bumpy. It took us to a local grade school first. If you are from the States, this was an eye opener, and as far as I am concerned a must see. The children and their wonderful teachers were very accommodating and extremely friendly, and we enjoyed this very much. At this point our jitney picked us up and took us to the sugar cane and papaya fields. Our guide Dana was wonderful. We actually got to plant papaya seedlings which was a lot of fun. Next, we went to the site of the original "Big House". We had a wonderful tasting meal of papaya juice, fresh fruit (including papaya, citrus and pineapple) and some of the best jerk chicken I've ever had. After our tasting, we had a rum tasting, with all different varieties of rum. While we were waiting for our coach back to the pier, our guides offered up more fresh papaya juice and a wide variety of fresh fruits."

Archived