excursions in Belize

Coco54

Our first time to Belize. We are interested in Altun Ha ruins, and would like a combination of the river cruise also.. Anyone know if Princess offers this excursion? If not. Can anyone recommend a reputable tour group in Belize to use?

We came back from the Western Caribbean cruise a week ago, and really enjoyed our Belize excursion through Princess. It included a river cruise where we saw monkeys, crocodile, manatees, dolphins, iguana, etc. , lunch, and a tour at Altun Ha. I highly recommend this tour. It is called Altun Ha Maya Ruins, Scenic Cruise, and Lunch. Even though a lot of people were on this tour, they split us into small groups based on boat size, so it didn't seem like a large group tour. It is a long drive to the ruins on some bumpy roads, so be prepared for that, but we like looking at the countryside, so we don't mind bus rides.

Princess also has a shorter excursion that goes to Altun Ha, without the river cruise, but I don't know much about that. Check out the Princess website for details.

We happen to like Princess excursions. They are well done and well run, and worth paying a little bit more.

We are doing the Lamanai Mayan ruins, mangrove river cruise & lunch Princess excursion on 2/20. Yep you pay a little money for this excursion but I like the safety and security of the Princess excursion. I started a thread on this excursion you may be interested in.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1773746

We are doing the Lamanai Mayan ruins, mangrove river cruise & lunch Princess excursion on 2/20. Yep you pay a little money for this excursion but I like the safety and security of the Princess excursion. I started a thread on this excursion you may be interested in.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1773746

We did that same excursion on our Dec 2011 Royal Caribbean cruise. Loved it. It was a long day but well worth it.

Our bus got stuck in a lot of traffic on the way back and we were late getting back to the ship. It's a good thing we had booked our excursion through the cruise line since the ship waited even though we were about an hour late!

Archived