best deal for EU citizen on Hawaii cruise

Dear friends,

I'm planning on taking a cruise from Vancouver to Hawaii on Sept. 6 this year. I can book directly on rccl.com, for 1011 euro (inc tax, no gratuities included).

When I take a look at US websites I see that some offer onboard credit or pre-paid gratuities. However, you should be a US citizen.

My question for you, do you know any websites that offer a good deal for a citizen from The Netherlands?

We are really looking forward for it! We are now RCCL platinum members.

Dear friends,

I'm planning on taking a cruise from Vancouver to Hawaii on Sept. 6 this year. I can book directly on rccl.com, for 1011 euro (inc tax, no gratuities included).

When I take a look at US websites I see that some offer onboard credit or pre-paid gratuities. However, you should be a US citizen.

My question for you, do you know any websites that offer a good deal?

We are really looking forward for it! We are now RCCL platinum members.

It is against Cruise Critic Guidelines to talk about or recommend on-line Travel Agencies. You could try this link from CC Find a Cruise

We are from uk and while can't talk about TAs (we actually have never found a better deal as yet than RC can offer getting $ based quotes although I try most every time) what I can tell you is that most TAs will advise that you need to have a US billing address as it is a requirement of RCI.

You can get this by looking online for a shipping handler then asking your credit card to add your PO box address to your account record. You pay for this facility. I shop with US department store Neiman Marcus and they didn't used to offer international shipping online so would have the order shipped to the handler in Florida and they would forward it to the uk via customs etc. they also allow the use of their facility for bookings.

Hope this makes sense!

Thank you for your answers, I was not aware of the guidelines but I think it is a good thing :-)

I've got another question, if you book through a online travel agent (other than RCCL itself), can you acces your booking on royalcaribbean.com to add excursions and drink packages for example?

It seems that on this particular cruise, the traditional dining is not available.. hard to imagine that the traditional dining is already fully booked 8+ months in advance.

Thank you for your answers, I was not aware of the guidelines but I think it is a good thing :-)

I've got another question, if you book through a online travel agent (other than RCCL itself), can you acces your booking on royalcaribbean.com to add excursions and drink packages for example?

It seems that on this particular cruise, the traditional dining is not available.. hard to imagine that the traditional dining is already fully booked 8+ months in advance.

You can add dining, entertainment and excursions and such, yes. You would need your booking number and to have created a my cruises account on Royal's website then you can access it but not make changes or payments on the fare side of it.

You can add dining, entertainment and excursions and such, yes. You would need your booking number and to have created a my cruises account on Royal's website then you can access it but not make changes or payments on the fare side of it.

Yeps, it works! I have booked through an Online Travel Agent which offered me some onboard credit. Minutes after my booking I could see my booking on rccl.com.

Now it's only a matter of waiting till it is September... ;-)

Archived