Snorkel vs. cave tubing

mdod

I just booked the Feb 17th sailing of the Dawn this morning and have been reading about excursions all day (and night). I'm trying to decide between cave tubing and snorkeling Sting Ray Alley with Coral Breezes (if they have space) in Belize. We are definitely planning on snorkeling in Roatan. I've read Almaplena Beach Resort in Cost Maya is supposed to have good snorkeling too and I read that cave tubing is only available in Belize so I was leaning toward doing the cave tubing in Belize for a change. OTOH, the sting rays sound cool too. Anybody that's done both and snorkeled in Roatan? Does that sound like a good trade off?

I have snorkeled in both places, and have been cave tubing twice. The only reason I have been twice is because I traveled with friends that have never been. To me it is a one time thing. It is beautiful and the trek to the jumping in place is great, we even tasted some termites. If you think you will make it back to Belize sometime then do the cave tubing. All that said, I would not take for my trip to shark/ray alley with Coral Breezes. The tour group was fantastic and I can't wait to go back. The only thing I would do different is skip the lunch. You don't have enough time to check out Caye Caulker, you can eat when you get back on the ship!

Thanks SeaWolfe. I just reserved with Coral Breezes. We've done ziplines multiple times and we've been in several cenotes in the Yucatan so I decided to go with the snorkeling, sting rays and some time in Caye Caulker. Now to figure out what to do on Cozumel!

You will not regret going with Coral Breeze. I'm jealous!!!!

We like Mr Sanchos on Cozumel. It has grown over the years, but still a nice beach with good food and drinks. We also love Wet Wendy's on the waterfront for a margarita for the adults and smoothies for the kiddos.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll tuck them in my notes. Cozumel research will have to wait. I had a ton of work to do this weekend and spent most of my time researching this cruise. Now I've got to catch up on my work so I can go on it!

Archived