Cruising on Celebration - I have a favor to ask of you... . . .

suzyaz

Good ol Chuckie, my dh doesn't want to go through the cruise line for a snorkeling trip while in Fla Keys. I'm scared to go without going on the same

catamaran as the ship... . . . I feel that if we find out what company the cruise line is using there, then we could use them too and that way be safe about getting back to the ship on time before it sets sail.

So if any of you good folks are going on a Fla Keys snorkeling trip while cruising on Celebration...before Sept...take note for me on what the name of the company is...and I will be so grateful.

Thank you in advance....

Hey! We sailed on the Celebration last October. It's a nice cruise you should enjoy yourself. I have to agree with your DH as far as shore excursions go. Keep in mind that if you book something outside of the cruise line you can usually find it for much cheaper and contro your time. Just do some research online for the Keys area. Most businesses there are used to cruise activity and have set time limits on their tours. As long as you get an early snorkel time you should be fine. We actually got off the ship, caught a cab over to Seahorse Marina (Stock Key...one key over), and did a 9 or 9:30am mini power boat tour which provided time to stop and snorkel. It's guided and since we ended up being the only ones that early she took us all the way around Key West coming right up beside our ship...that was pretty cool I have to say!! Now, this is where we put our money, but it was a blast. Check it out at www.jungletours.com. When we got back to the marina they called a cab for us (it was only around 11:30am). We still had plenty of time to hang out around Duvall Street to do some shopping and then head back to the ship to shower and change for lunch. It was a VERY WET boat ride, but lots of fun!! Hope this helps you out. Oh yeah, another couple we met onboard had a snorkel excursion arranged through Carnival, but one of the boats broke down so it ended up being cancelled. They wished they went with us instead!!

Thank you tocruzagain for your reply. I beleive I will research and find one that goes out of the Keys. I really want to snorkel at that beautiful coral reef again.

I love to snorkel.

And I will check out the jungle tours too. That sounds like a lot of fun too.

You are welcome Suzyaz. Hope you can find something, but in case you don't you can always book through Carnival if all else fails. The Junlge Tour was a whole lot of fun I have to say. Whatever you do...it is Key West after all you can't help but to enjoy your stop there!! I would definitley like to head back down there again someday.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm excited my nephew is going with us on this cruise. This is his first crusie.

So we may decide to do other things instead of the snorkeling...we may just use our gear at the beach. I will let my nephew help me decide.

Thank you for your help about snorkeling through the cruise line or just going through the snorkel companys.

Archived