Catamaran & snorkeling help

debzkidz

Hi all. :) We (DH, 2 young teen sons and myself) are sailing 7/10 on the Elation:D . We are wanting to do a snorkeling trip while in Cozumel. We would love to find one besides the one through Carnival that would be on a catamaran. DH and I did one many years ago in Cancun and loved it. We aren't really interested in the whole party thing. DH doesn't drink anything but N/A beer, and kids are too young to drink. The most I might have is one beer or maragrita, so all the free drinks are not a good thing for us. Besides, it's really not much fun to sit and watch others get sloshed. We are mostly just interested in sailing and snorkeling for a few hours. Have any of you done anything like this and you recommend a good tour company to go through? Thanks

Debbie

We just returned from the Elation TODAY. I wanted to get on the boards while this was fresh on my mind since the comments and reviews I read helped me so much in planning my trip. We booked the Catamaran,Snorkel, and beach party with Carnival and all that went agree it was the highlight of our trip.

There were two extended families..........parents, grandparents, and 5 children between the ages of 12 and 18. On the trip were a dozen of families with smaller children.

The tour group literally picks you up at the pier right outside the boat and you are on your way for a sailing tour around the island to the snorkeling place.

None of us drink a lot...but we did appreciate the sodas for the kids.

After snorkeling and seeing some wondeful fish, coral,e tc. They took us to a private beach where the kids kayaked, played volleyball, rode horses, floated in the ocean ,etc. and the grand parents walked along the sandy beach, sat and drank a margaritta or soda and enjoyed the crystal blue water.

It was incredible. We then sailed back to the ship where the hungry teenagers could get lunch on the ship...love that pizza and then we could go in to shop.

I highly recommend this excursion.

Archived