Spirit, Buying liquor to take home

Alan C

Heads up!! Just returned from an excellent cruise on the Star to the Western Carribean. My mother and I had a outstanding time, and such a great Captain and crew. However, if you are planning on purchasing and bring home duty free liquor, I would suggest you purchase your liquor off the ship. I purchased Absolute Vodka on board on the first night when they offer a 10% discount. The sell price was $16.99 per liter, which I thought was high, but Petar the manager of the "on board" Duty Free shop guaranteed me I would not find a lower price off ship. Guess what, I found it for $12.00 per liter in Dufry shop in Belize and purchased some at the lower price, hoping I cold cancel the order on ship. I questioned Petar that evening when we sailed that evening, and he informed me that we could not cancel the liquor order, but could get a credit for something in the shop for the amount we paid. In other words, no refunds. No offense, but I do not need another NCL t-shirt. As a Platium Latitudes member, I was taken back that what is normally cheaper liquor on an NCL cruise ship was priced higher than on shore. If you are sailing, just a heads up. Other than this, I can guarantee you wil have a wonderful time on the STAR!!!!!

NCL changed there store company and the new one which we found on the Epic has guarantee signage in store saying that they will honor any port prices on same product and size.

So while in St Thomas there is a large duty free at the cruise terminal and we found what we wanted at a cheaper price so we took photo brought it back on board and they honored the price.

Don't know if they have changed ship wide.

Archived