Carnival Magic ?

bobdyboo

This past summer we went on Carnival Magic and we were on deck 6. This summer I'd like to be on deck 9, but I'm thinking it may be too loud because the pool & big screen TV is right above the room I want. Has anyone been on deck 9 under the pool & big TV? Was it loud?

Thanks!

I cant say for sure on Magic but I know on Valor and Glory if you are on deck 8 (the same level as 9 on Magic, meaning deck below pool) we were below food court area and I was woke up around 5am every day from the carts they haul the dishes around on....the wheels are small and could hear when they hit the seams for the ceramic tile, it clicked and clacked every morning.......SO....I recommend going to deck 10 if you can...you walk out the doors and you are in the pool area.

We are on Magic at end of Feb. and we are on deck 10....room 10206, its an ocean view out the front of the ship.....check the room out on cruiselinerooms dot com......very cool in my opinon & great rate......we love being on Lido, have had balconies and insides on that deck...its the only way to go!!!!

If you cant go to 10, go down a deck to deck 8...have a buffer deck between you and Lido......just my recommendation....

I would recommend Deck 8 instead. That's what we did on a sister ship: Dream. That was a great spot, centrally located between the buffet/pools/waterslides & the dining rooms/nighttime entertainment. Very rarely took the elevators, always close to the room.

We have stayed on deck 1 twice on the Magic. It's absolutely quiet and stable down there.

Another plus to staying that low is that you don't need to use the elevator coming or going on port days. On a ship that large, people fill the 6 elevators quickly.

Jesse

• 4 weeks later...

Those rooms on deck 10 with the walkway view, are they all "accessible" cabins? It looks like it on the deck plans. I would love to book one b/c they are such great deals, but I know if they are accessible cabins we can be moved if someone needs them. I COMPLETELY understand this and would not put up a fight about. But I suppose if they had to move us it would be to an interior cabin with no window since that would be "equal" value, right?

We are looking for Nov. 2014 so that is a long wait. My friend wouldn't want a room without at least a window and I don't want to get her hopes up. I know you can't weight the chances of being moved, but I guess my question is if we would be moved to a room without a view?

• 1 month later...
I cant say for sure on Magic but I know on Valor and Glory if you are on deck 8 (the same level as 9 on Magic, meaning deck below pool) we were below food court area and I was woke up around 5am every day from the carts they haul the dishes around on....the wheels are small and could hear when they hit the seams for the ceramic tile, it clicked and clacked every morning.......SO....I recommend going to deck 10 if you can...you walk out the doors and you are in the pool area.

We are on Magic at end of Feb. and we are on deck 10....room 10206, its an ocean view out the front of the ship.....check the room out on cruiselinerooms dot com......very cool in my opinon & great rate......we love being on Lido, have had balconies and insides on that deck...its the only way to go!!!!

If you cant go to 10, go down a deck to deck 8...have a buffer deck between you and Lido......just my recommendation....

Were you able to take pictures of your 10206 stateroom from your cruise this past February? I am planning on booking this room or 10205 for a cruise on the Magic next March and I really want to see more pictures. I saw the photos of it on the cruise line rooms website but wanted to know if you took more.

• 3 months later...
Those rooms on deck 10 with the walkway view, are they all "accessible" cabins? It looks like it on the deck plans. I would love to book one b/c they are such great deals, but I know if they are accessible cabins we can be moved if someone needs them. I COMPLETELY understand this and would not put up a fight about. But I suppose if they had to move us it would be to an interior cabin with no window since that would be "equal" value, right?

We are looking for Nov. 2014 so that is a long wait. My friend wouldn't want a room without at least a window and I don't want to get her hopes up. I know you can't weight the chances of being moved, but I guess my question is if we would be moved to a room without a view?

We just booked 10205 on the Magic for 2/16/14 - have been told the two outer cabins are NOT HC but the four in the middle are... saw one picture (which I can not find again) of the room... Large picture window overlooking a small balcony at the very front of the ship. Rep at Carnival said the room also had a skylight! Not many people access this balcony as it is in an area where there are just cabins and nothing else. We were told we guaranteed the room as it is NOT handicapped. Only disadvantage is some people state there was some noise as these two rooms are next to closet where room stewards store their equipment. Others said no noise from that.. Some state when the doors to the balcony are opened they bang shut as it is very windy when the ship is moving fast. Sounds to me like it is a private balcony with a forward view!! We are looking forward to it.

We are sailing on the Magic also on 8/18/13 so will check out the area before actually staying in 10205.. maybe we can look into the window and see the room - they are larger than standard 185 sq feet.

Our favorite location is Deck 12 - easy access to Serenity, water park and to the Lido. Great quiet location up there with few cabins. We've stayed in 12014 and 12016. Couldn't get a deck 12 cabin for our next cruise so we are down on 11.

On other ships I have stayed forward on Lido and never had any issues with noise and on Empress mid ship (suites) which are fine too, but not as convenient to anything as the higher up decks on the Magic.

• 3 months later...
This past summer we went on Carnival Magic and we were on deck 6. This summer I'd like to be on deck 9, but I'm thinking it may be too loud because the pool & big screen TV is right above the room I want. Has anyone been on deck 9 under the pool & big TV? Was it loud?

Thanks!

Hi,

We were on Lido This last cruise on Triumph.. we never heard anything from outside.. It was great.. We were very forward room 9205 and steward closet next to us never heard anything. we are going on Magic In 2014 and we have 10205 I would love to find someone who may have pictures of that room.. We were spoiled last trip it was a Junior Suite..

I love Lido .. It is where all the fun and food.. Quick food that is:D

Deb

Ps really if anyone has been in the Magic room 10205 Please tell us about Pics would be great..

Thanks!

We were on Deck 9 cabin 9343 mid ship with balcony. It was a little noisy because we were directly under the food court by the pool, on Deck 10.

Shuffling of chairs all the time. Sometimes late night you could hear the music playing. That was the only noise, we are booked again this coming summer and chose deck 8. Cabins above and below, should be perfect. Hope this helps.

Archived