Cabin Steward storing milk

Winning

Raw milk is milk that hasn't been pasteurized. It's straight out of the cow. It's also illegal in many states.

You betcha.

The ship isn't gonna larder this stuff. The liabilty risk with the non-pastuerized milk makes it a no-brainer.

I'm still trying to get a handle on why dangerous milk is so important.

I would just figure out what will work at home before you sail. as far as how much ice you will need to keep the milk at the proper temp and safe in a small cooler. If you have that all figured out than all you need to do is make sure you have enough ice, which I think would be easier on the steward than bringing you the milk 2x a day.

We just got back on Sunday from sailling with the Magic. My 18mo daughter needs milk to sleep and the service was slow to deliver every night. My wife and I agree that next time, we would take a foldable ice chest/bag and keep it stocked. I hadn't considered having the room stewart keep it, though they certainly have access to those larger buckets of ice that beer comes in. Were I to have them store something for my family on our 7-day cruise, I would say $20 would be about right.

You would know right away if the milk is bad from lack of care. That would void my tip, I think.

Jesse

We always did that when they were babies.

I never even thought to ask for anyone to help us with this issue...always kept a large bucket of ice in our hotel room each night and would get small containers of milk...put them in the bottles and just covered the bottles with ice if we didn't have a refrigerator in the room.

This would be exactly what I would do if we took them on a cruise as well when they were young.

Of course this OP is not talking about getting milk from the ship....they are talking about bringing it on to the ship and making sure that it stays fresh for the entire week.

All I can say to that is....no way would I be giving my child something that requires regrigeration..is not pasteurized...and has been left out of my sight in suppossed storage with the steward. You have to be kidding...no way....

not an option for the OP..but powdered milk and water would work for me for a week...but then again I wouldn't use unpasteurized anything....Just sayin

First off the OP needs to contact the special needs dept. for Carnival at least a month prior to cruising to find out if any of this is possible under the refrigerated medication allowance, specialneeds@carnival.com . To qualify the raw milk as a medical requirement the very least they will need a prescription by her child's AMA or AAP certified pediatrician, and may require more documentation as to the sourcing of the product. (A simple doctor's note presented at boarding may not be sufficient.) After that they will forward the proper forms to the medical staff on board so they can determine if the milk, since this is a unusual request, is safe to be stored. If allowed the medical staff will make sure the milk is available from the medical storage area for self retrieval 24 hrs a day for the duration of the cruise.

Additionally the port itself may require the milk shipped ahead since it is a perishable item or may require it to be sent directly from the packaging source to the ship's stores staging area for customs inspection. (Went through this for special foods for my father when he wanted a cruise while being treated for cancer 6 yrs ago. Sloan Kettering shipped his specialty meals directly to the port and handled the paperwork. Which by the way did not require refrigeration and were allowed to be stored in his cabin.)

If the OP is doing this as a lifestyle choice then the milk will be considered as if it was any other carry on soft drink, doctor's note or not. A limit of 12 "factory sealed" containers not exceeding a 20 oz volume each. Then it will be upon them to store the products safely themselves. The ship's general staff can not be asked to be responsible for any passenger's personal property, extra tips or not. So it's sad to say but her PVP is completely wrong on this.

Archived