Galaxy,Grandeur, or Conquest for christmas?

Txcruisers04

Hi, We are currently booked for the second cruise on the Grandeur of the seas leaving NO 12/17/05 , but we are thinking since we have already been on that ship maybe we can change the cruise to the Conquest since it is a lot cheaper through our TA and we have not been on that ship yet. Also we have been wanted to do a panama canal cruise for ever, but the price has always been too much money for us. This year my TA came up with a price for the Galaxy for a 12 night cruise for 3,202. This price turned out to be alittle cheaper than last year, but the question is , should we go ahead and bite the bullet and do it?

What do you think would be the best idea? I could use some help about the ships.

Thanks so much for your help!

We we on the Galaxy last Christmas - and absoultely loved it!! Bite the bullet. The Panama Canal is a must see and the weather is gorgeous. The service impeccable!! And the ship lovely.

let's see, there are a few windows "frosted" in on eof the lounges....we saw a ter in a chair.....these are the down sides to the Galaxy.

The staff is truly superb. The itinerary is outstanding. If you have not done the canal, it is an absolute must! Slam Dunk! Do not miss!

Entertainment on the galaxy was really, really, (did I say really yet?) outstanding. The food was excellent.....

You get the point...

Don't miss the Galaxy and the Canal!

Haven't been on Grandeur but have been on Rhapsody of Seas which is a similar ship and really liked it. Haven't been on Conquest, but it is suppose to be nice. We're booked on Galaxy in March. I'd go for the longer itinerary, plus Panama and Costa Rica look like good ports - you can always go on the Conquest and Grandeur but I've read that the Galaxy will be cruising out of San Juan next year (don't know if that's fact, but was posted on a board) and not Galveston so I'd go while you have the chance. That price is comparable to what we've paid for a 7 day cruise it seems to be a good price. I also have read that Celebrity is a bit more subdued, but that sounds nice and relaxing to me!

Hi, . Also we have been wanted to do a panama canal cruise for ever, but the price has always been too much money for us. This year my TA came up with a price for the Galaxy for a 12 night cruise for 3,202. This price turned out to be alittle cheaper than last year, but the question is , should we go ahead and bite the bullet and do it?

What do you think would be the best idea? I could use some help about the ships.

Thanks so much for your help!

There is a small group of we Texans booked on the Panama Canal trip on Galaxy out of Galveston on Jan 21. Come over on the Cruise connections forum and find us. Go ahead and join us. You'll like it.

There is a small group of we Texans booked on the Panama Canal trip on Galaxy out of Galveston on Jan 21. Come over on the Cruise connections forum and find us. Go ahead and join us. You'll like it.

Hey, thanks for the invite! But if we leave on this cruise we will be leaving December 17!I will still come and check things out!

Thanks again!:)

We were on the Galaxy twice last year and enjoyed both cruises very much. My vote would be for the Galaxy. She is a classic ship with wonderful service, entertainment, and great food. You really can't go wrong.

We are thinking of going back again before she leaves (if she does).

Sandy

We have done the Panama canal twice and loved the experience. I am booked on the Galaxy this summer, I will report about it later. For Christmas/New Years we are booked on the new Liberty... It is doing 8 days and goes to Panama. It doesn't do the cananl. but you can take an excursion there. We are traveling with another family and my children also wanted to do this itinerary.It leaved Dec23..

Archived