Blue Lagoon

CruisinKAt70

Who has been? Is it worth the money? How much for cab per person or does the bus run from pier to pick up point? Thanks

Been many times, love it. Sometimes I go with friends, sometimes the grandkids. Something for everyone. The lagoon is shallow and fun, the sea side of the island is natural and inviting.

No bus, you'll need to take a cab ($4pp)

I'm not sure about cab price - I think you can only get there by ferry - times scheduled are on their website

We did the sealion encounter - it was great -- water was great - watching dolphins play ball - great --- BUFFET ICKY

Please eat before you go or bring your own snacks

$15 for "Buffet" - you may only go thru ONE TIME! Hamb. Hotdog. Fries. Fruit and punch - one serving that is it -- hard to choke down -

I wish I had seen the hammocks in the shade - many of them - would have been cool to relax there for a bit.

Might bring a bananna and go over to the sealion encounter area - look down into the water from the wooden walkway and drop little pieces of fruit into water - you will see many fish and stingrays and such.

If you book with blue lagoon - some ship lines have exclusive rights to charge you more and you cannot directly book with blue lagoon unless you fill out the online form that says you are staying on the island - saves money! Then you would take a taxi to the ferry - I think about $4

But if booking with your ship - they take you right there and go back and forth 3-4 times per day.

I'm not sure about cab price - I think you can only get there by ferry - times scheduled are on their website

We did the sealion encounter - it was great -- water was great - watching dolphins play ball - great --- BUFFET ICKY

Please eat before you go or bring your own snacks

$15 for "Buffet" - you may only go thru ONE TIME! Hamb. Hotdog. Fries. Fruit and punch - one serving that is it -- hard to choke down -

I wish I had seen the hammocks in the shade - many of them - would have been cool to relax there for a bit.

Might bring a bananna and go over to the sealion encounter area - look down into the water from the wooden walkway and drop little pieces of fruit into water - you will see many fish and stingrays and such.

If you book with blue lagoon - some ship lines have exclusive rights to charge you more and you cannot directly book with blue lagoon unless you fill out the online form that says you are staying on the island - saves money! Then you would take a taxi to the ferry - I think about $4

But if booking with your ship - they take you right there and go back and forth 3-4 times per day.

If you book independently, you need to take a cab to the ferry dock on Paradise Island ($4pp). When you book you will be given a ferry time. You must be at the dock 30 minutes in advance.

and PLEASE do not take bananas.. or any other food off the ship into the bahamas.. It's against the law, and can cause problems with our environment. DO NOT FEED the animals on the island.

Our cruise ship only had one trip over and one trip back, and I think I went on the coldest day in History. It was sunny when we arrived, grabbed a couple of beach chairs on the Lagoon, and the sky was getting cloudy and the tempertature was going down, Every time we walked away from our chairs, that we had moved to be closer to the water, when we got back our chairs were moved back to their original position./FONT] The tide really does effect the depth of the Lagoon, so as the tide was going outwe saw some huge sting rays. I too have been reading for years that the food on the island was not that great, and they are holding you a food hostage-so save some money and don't go hungry, and please as Scubagirl says, don't feed the animals. Enjoy, it's a beautiful place, dont go if it's cold there though.

Archived