Woman disembarking DCL Dream arrested

NYGirl1002

"An avidity to punish is always dangerous to liberty. It leads men to stretch, to misinterpret, and to misapply even the best of laws. He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself" - Thomas Paine

Always with the "she did the crime, she has to do the time". I've said before (and ducklite, despite what you say, I promise you this is the only name I've ever posted here with). Prosecutors used to go for justice, and cops used to be all about protecting and serving. Neither is true anymore.

Even if I accept everything you've said as true, the fact of the matter is that she was supposed to spend 50 hours in jail and ended up spending 7 days. Don't give me this "It doesn't count because she wasn't in the right prison!" stuff. That's exactly what I'm talking about in the above quoted paragraph.

There's a shameful sense of "justice" in this country, and many people in this thread are shining examples as to why.

In your opinion , which most people totally disagree with. In fact your position that the woman should get off is a shining example of why we have the problems we do...........where people think they can do what they want and not be responible for their actions.

Actually you should have read closer....there was a guarantee she would've won the spot, because she had already gotten it & was on her way to the shoot.

Your original description of the situation said your daughter was on the way to a "casting call". That means a tryout, NOT that she was guaranteed to get the part.

I'm kind of surprised this lady's warrant didn't turn up when she applied for the job with Pratt and Whitney. I would think they would do thorough background checks.

Your original description of the situation said your daughter was on the way to a "casting call". That means a tryout, NOT that she was guaranteed to get the part.

I'm kind of surprised this lady's warrant didn't turn up when she applied for the job with Pratt and Whitney. I would think they would do thorough background checks.

That poster's story has changed at every turn to suit their fancy.

I had wondered about the background check as well. I'm guessing she wasn't working on anything that involved a military clearance.

Nope, you're wrong...I hear another whistle blowing...lol

Archived