SpringHill Suites (Marriott)

summer_girl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We stayed there 2 nights pre-cruise in March of 2012. We have stayed in the French Quarter before, so we decided stay close to the port for this trip. Its been a year, but I will try to remember what I can. We really liked the hotel in general. Hotel and our room was clean and well maintatined. Staff was very friendly. Our room was a Studio King - which was fine for the 2 of us. One thing - they just have one TV - a big flat screen thats in the living room area, but its on a swivel so you can point into the bedroom area too. If you like laying in bed with a TV right there - you may not like this setup. Since these are studios - they are not really separate rooms, but a large L shaped room that serves as mini kitchen/work area and living room, and a partial divider between these and the bedroom area. I remember a mini fridge and microwave, and a sink in the mini kitchen area. There is a good sized desk in the work area and free wi-fi, so we used the laptop some while staying there. They did have a pretty good breakfast selection for a free breakfast. They have a waffle maker and the waffles were really good - just sometimes there is a line to make the waffles. Probably the biggest negative is the parking. It is limited and expensive. We parked at Fulton Street garage which is about 1.5 blocks away. Everything we did in the area was in walking distance, so we didn't need access to the car once we arrived. There are a lot of food places and bars within a few blocks of the hotel. We had dinner one night at Mulatto's, and we thought it was really good. We also walked to Riverwalk (about 10-15 minute walk from hotel, and next to the cruise port) and went thru the shops there and stopped at Cafe Du Monde. We didn't visit the French Quarter on this trip - but could have easily used public transportation for that. If you have any other questions I might be able to help with - let me know.

Archived