super bowl vs elegant night

hlb76

From Heald's fb page...after the first parapgraph he discusses the plans for Super Bowl Sunday.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/JohnHeald/posts/501332443242655

[Edited]

It will soon be time for the Super Bowl and this year on all the ships you will see that we are doing much more to make this event even more fun. Let me tell you about some of the things you can expect. There will be a pre-game tail gate party with games and drink specials. Then you will have a chance to take part in an event where the prize will be VIP seating complete with buckets of beers, prizes and the best seats for the game.

We will have face paint ready if you wish to paint your face in your teams colours ( spelt correctly) and there will be loads and loads of giveaways and prizes during the game. We will have a vote for the best commercial and of course Super Bowl food and drink specials. Each ship will have fan zones in their lounges or on the Lido Deck where you can choose to sit in the Raven’s Red Zone or the San Fran Fan Zone. It seems that most of the ships who have an elegant night during this event will where possible change the elegant night so it doesn’t clash with the elegant night activities and shows. It sounds like a brilliant way to watch the game.

Back to the fan zones for a moment because I don’t think we could do this for a proper football ( sacccccerrr ) game. Yep, with American football there is little or no chance of having your head kicked in by a supporter of the other team. You’ll never meet a nicer bunch of supporters than American Football fans. I am intrigued, most games don’t have home or away stands like we do in the Uk at football games and instead American football fans mingle, inevitably arguing like school children before reconciling over a chest bump and a cold Bud.

I guess either Baltimore or San Francisco will win a huge amount of money. The economy will also benefit as sales of beer, hot dogs, beer, guacamole, beer, flat screen TVs, beer, Pepcid, beer, Doritos, toilet paper and beer go through the roof. However, the main prize in all American sports is…………the championship ring. To mark your success at the Super Bowl, The World Series of Baseball or the NBA you’re going to need some bling. More specifically some diamond-encrusted white gold bling personalized with your name or number. That should keep up their retirement home payments when they hit tough times and have to auction it on eBay.

I enjoy a bit of American football, really I do and I love the way your commentators through so many stats out there to the viewers. Most interceptions, most yards rushed, biggest gentleman’s sausage. The game itself is simple…..it’s called football although only one of the 300 players in each team can use their ummmm…….feet. The idea is for the big players to knock the small ones over and try and get the quarterbacker fired…….or sacked as its known here. The quarterbacker passes the ball to a running backer or wide catcher who then has to run with the ball into an area known as the M zone. It is then the law that the player who reaches the M zone must do an impression of either a Michael Jackson dance routine or go down on his knees and say a prayer.

And here is the menu which will be served during the game

• Chicken Tenders

• Fried Shrimp

• Southwestern Eggrolls

• Streak Sandwiches

• Hot Dogs and all the trimmings

Enjoy the game

cheers

Note to self- book my next cruise on super bowl weekend. I hope I can convince DH to do it. It sounds so much fun. This year I am not particularly cheering for either team, as my favorite team did not make the playoffs (and is a division rival of one of the teams in the superbowl) and my second favorite team just lost in the AFC championship to the other team that is playing. :(

Archived