Jolly Roger (Barbados) VS. Jolly Pirates (Aruba)

IMCruisin04

Hi! I'll be sailing the Carnival Destiny the week of May 30th, and I'm having a hard time deciding what to do in each port (St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados and Aruba). My husband and I would like to do the Jolly Pirate in Arbua(booked online) or the Jolly Roger in Barbados (booked thru Carnival) but can't decide which to go with. Has anyone been on both? I would love to hear any comparisons between the two.

Here is a little background info: We're at each island approximately 10 hours (8/9 AM-10 PM). We're only doing ONE excursion between these two islands. In other words, if we're not on a pirate ship, we'll be shopping and hanging out at the beach. Any insight will be appreciated!

• 2 months later...
I've only done the Jolly Roger (sorry), but i think it's really great. there's a rope swing and a diving board which are so fun. if you have a problem with a lot of drinking though, the Jolly Roger probably isn't for you. i would personally rather spend my day in Aruba at the beautiful beaches. Hope to have helped a little. I'm sure you'll have fun either way!

I am unable to offer personal experience, however our house guests and the many posts that I have read on this board over the years suggest that the Jolly Roger in Barbados is superior.

Perhaps we'll bring a recent visitor to this thread to get the real low-down, but I have never heard of any disappointed customers on the Barbados JR (perhaps it's our wonderful rum?)

Have a great time on whichever island you choose to walk-the-plank! :)

[img]http://home.internetcds.com/~barbados/jollyroger.JPG[/img]

Archived