Silver Moon-tipping? other info?

KathyPem

Hi,

We are in the process of booking the Silver Moon while on our cruise. The day we will be there is open, which is amazing as it is only 2 1/2 weeks away. I am soooo psyched!! Anyway, I was wondering abou ttipping. Do you need ot tip? If so, whom do you tip and how much. This is my first cruise. My husband has been on one before but never idd any excursions. What kind of drinks do they offer on board and what type of food. I heard fish or chicken but can anyone offer more details?? Thanks in advance, I will definately post a trip report!!

Kathy
Mom to Taylor(6), BJ(3, Alison(2) and Mikey(9 months)

6/6/04 Carnival Destiny-MY FIRST CRUISE!
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;6;6;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

There was grilled chicken and fish - I don't remember what kind of fish, but it was great. Also, Caesar salad, I seem to also remember a pasta salad, and rolls. There was plenty available and the crew was eager to please. As for tipping, I really don't know the correct protocol for these trips. We did tip, but, only the captain and I assumed he shared, but, still don't know if we handled this "correctly".

Hi
When we went on the Silver Moon they had chicken, fish, ceasar salad, garlic bread, macaroni pie, rice and I think coleslaw. Apparently the menu varies a little bit which the crew told me they like that because then they get something different to eat and so do guests that come more than once! Tipping is up to you, we had a fab time and gave the captain 20 US$ (all we had with us) which he said they all share. I stuck with the local banks beer for most of the day but had to taste the rum punch too! We were offered Strawberry frozen drinks after lunch and that really hit the spot! Enjoy your trip Kathy you will love it!

Thanks for all the info. We are pretty basic eaters and kind of picky (as far as not liking fancy stuff with the sauces, etc like a lot of fancy places and such have (i.e. cruise ship LOL) so I appreciate it. I will jus tgive the tip to th ecaptain then, thanks again.

Kathy
Mom to Taylor(6), BJ(3, Alison(2) and Mikey(9 months)

6/6/04 Carnival Destiny-MY FIRST CRUISE!
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;6;6;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Archived