? for those very familiar with Lihue

Robin122

If we stay on the ship, will we be able to see the fireworks that will be going off at Vidinha Stadium in Lihue on July 4th? I don't know where it's located in relation to the mountains vs the valley and I cannot get a good feel for it looking at maps either.

My son does not do well in large crowds (autism) so if we can still see them from the ship that would probably be best for us. But we don't want to miss out on 4th of July fireworks! :)

(we'll be on NCL Pride of America)

Oh - also.... Will most businesses be closed since it is a national holiday? What can we expect on July 4th 2013 as tourists?

Thanks a million!

Robin

I would say no to being able to see the fireworks...for one the ship sits down in a valley, plus the distance away from the stadium.

If you have a rental car...go to the fireworks, and leave if the need arises, and return to the ship.

Chuck

I would definitely say yes that you will be able to see the fireworks. The harbor and the stadium are less than 2 miles apart and the stadium is only about 200 feet higher in elevation than sea level.

No worries about things being closed on July 4, except for the usual suspects like banks and government buildings.

My guess is no, but that is just a guess. It would depend on how high up they get them? The ship does seem to be down low in the harbor from the stadium. I can try and ask around and see if anyone else has an opinion.

Robin - I couldn't tell from your post if you were just referring to staying on the ship during the evening hours to see the fireworks, or if you meant the whole day. If you meant the whole day, I would suggest getting a rental car and driving around to see the sites. There are lots of places to stop and take in the scenery and it wouldn't necessarily be crowded where your son was uncomfortable. I hope you all have a great time!

Robin - I couldn't tell from your post if you were just referring to staying on the ship during the evening hours to see the fireworks, or if you meant the whole day. If you meant the whole day, I would suggest getting a rental car and driving around to see the sites. There are lots of places to stop and take in the scenery and it wouldn't necessarily be crowded where your son was uncomfortable. I hope you all have a great time!

Just in the evening for the fireworks. We certainly will tour the island! :)

• 2 months later...

Archived