Quickshuttle S3 bus?

Jacquelyn11

Has anyone taken this? It seems to be a "straight shot" bus from Canada Place to SeaTac. Thinking of doing this on our depature off the cruise 7/31.

If you have done it, do you normally get to the airport in Seattle by 1:30-2pm?

Hate to have to rent a car on the way back if not needed.

Jacquelyn :D

Jacquelyn -

We had been considering QuickShuttle for our group, but also rented a minivan back in January just in case we changed our minds. In our group of 14, we have some doing different things...

For those in our group who are flying out of SEA that same day we disembark NCL Sun on 6/19, they are choosing to do the NCL transfer ($60). From researching this board, I believe the NCL transfers leave earlier than the 9:40 QuickShuttle. One person emailed me to say they were at SEA by noon with the cruiseline transfer option. Those in my group have flights departing SEA at 3:05, so we figured it was worth the $20 extra pp to make sure they were at SEA early enough. (last flight of the day on our airline) QuickShuttle advertises 1:30 arrival at SEA, which cuts it close with security and a Sunday, but we wanted extra time for those making a 3:05 flight in case of border delays, bus breakdown, interstate congestion (that day for us has a Mariners game at 1:05), etc. We realize anything can happen with either option - but are going with NCL transfers for that extra time padding.

Some of us are staying post-cruise in Seattle a couple of nights, and have rented a minivan for Vancouver-Seattle. The cost was actually cheaper for 5 us in an minivan, and we have the time to spare since we'll be in Seattle two nights post-cruise. When we add gas, it will probably be about the same, but we are in no rush since not flying out that day. Looking very forward to the scenic drive.

Another group is also staying 2-nights post-cruise, but going to Victoria and then back down to Seattle to fly home.

I don't know what the S3 stands fior, but we took the Quick Coach Shuttle from Vancouver to Seattle just last week on Monday, May 30th. We picked it up at Canada Place underground right where the cruise pax come out when debarking. We chose to get off in downtown Seattle because we were staying overnight there and flying home the next day. The downtown Seattle stop is at the Best Western Executive Inn -- I figured since we were already there it would be the logical choice for overnight. And there was nothing wrong with this hotel, but it is in a kinda bad part of town. The only thing it is close to is the Space Needle. If I do this again, I will grab a taxi to a nicer hotel further downtown that I get with a bid on priceline.

You will go thru US customs on the bus, and our driver made it a breeze. He went inside and told them he had all US citizens just off a cruise ship. They didn't even look at our forms, just waved us through. (Actually, my husband and I had spent 2 nights in Vancouver, but didn't buy anything so I guess it really didn't make a difference).

I may need to check with NCL on the shuttle to the Airport. Also with the Seattle Mariners schedule!

Here are some links for you...:)

NCL shuttles:

http://www.ncl.com/download/transportation.pdf

(I think they have YVR and SEA backwards... $25 and $60)

We have bought the transfer on the ship before with no problem. (Bought it after boarding, which this link shows is available on the Sun)

Mariners schedule:

http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=sea

I did check the schedule on the Mariners and sure enough, they have a 1:30pm home game that day.

Did notice that the Ground transport from Canada Place to SeaTac leaves at 7am, where the QuickShuttle leaves at 9:40.

http://www.quickcoach.com/schedule.htm

The schedule for quickshuttle shows a bus that picks up from the piers in Vancouver and goes straight to the airport in Seattle, bypassing all the other hotel and airport stops. Even if it left Vancouver by 10am, that's 3.5 hrs to SeaTac, putting us there by 1:30 or so. Our flight is at 3pm leaving to ATL so it should be OK. I'm going to call Quickshuttle next week and check.

Looking at car rental rates, it may be cheaper to go that route!

Thanks again for the help all!

I've been told that the thing about private cars is that if customs is crowded, buses get priority. Also there may be a drop off fee for one way for rental cars.

When we were on the quick shuttle on May 30, we left Canada Place at 10:50, breezed thru customs, and were at the hotel before 2:00. People on our bus had a 3:30 flight, and the busdriver said it would be no problem. If you take the earlier QS bus at 9:30 and have the same luck we did at customs, then you should have plenty of time.

The question is what kind of time will it take at customs? Our driver told us of one American that made a wise crack to the customs agents as they were looking thru his bags, they arrested him and the bus was at customs 2 hours getting it all straightened out.

Quick Shuttle costs $33 pp.

Good Luck!

We took the S2 Thursday 6/2/05 with no problems. It was scheduled to leave Canada Place at 9:05 a.m. and arrive at SEA at 2:00 p.m. We departed ~5-10 minutes late and arrived 10 minutes early, with 5 pick-up/drop-off stops plus the border crossing along the way. The shuttle picks up in Bus Bay 1 at Canada Place, about a 200 yard walk after Canadian customs. The U.S. crossing was a breeze-less than 15 minutes. They have a special lane for buses that by-passes the car and especially the truck traffic. The driver puts the cruise-related luggage in segregated compartments which are not opened during the border crossing. Luggage of non-cruise passengers is taken off the bus so they can take it through customs. I did not notice any inspection of their luggage, although several passengers appeared to be tourists from Eastern Europe and the Orient.

The driver was patient, efficient, and polite. (There was some extra confusion because Celebrity notified us the day before we sailed that they would be skipping Ketchikan, and the passengers boarding in Canada Place were a day early. Remarkably, Celebrity seemed to be unsympathetic and unhelpful to those who had not arranged the ground transportation through Celebrity. The biggest problems were caused by a couple who had used Celebrity; but, nonetheless, mistakenly boarded the Quick Shuttle and were unwilling to pay the fare and sort it out with Celebrity later [as another couple graciously agreed to do.] )

As seniors, our one-way fare was $39/ea ($41 otherwise) versus the $51/ea Celebrity would have charged--and you appear to be familiar with the exorbitant drop charge the rental car companies exact. Our flight was at 3:30 p.m.; even though SEA was running only 3 of 9 security lines, hence a 15 minute wait to be processed, we still had about a half-hour to use the free hot spot around gate B-9. As you probably are aware, the S3 which runs only on Sat/Sun is an express route to SEA, so you should have an even greater margin for unexpected contingencies.

My only caveat is that it is public transportation—for those who’s butler knows precisely how they prefer their tea, the premium for a cruise line arranged transfer may be worth it.

Finally, if you are considering cruising with Celebrity you might want to read the thread at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=182537&page=1&pp=25

to get a better perspective of their equipment issues and consequent unreliability.

I checked with Quickshuttle this morning. They won't guarentee the time of arrival, of course, but she said the reliability is pretty good.

My DH agrees to help make it a less stressful trip, we are going to take Quickshuttle round trip. The north bound leaves at 8am Sat, putting us at Vancouver about 1-2pm, plenty of time to sight see there. The return trip will put us back in time for our 3pm flight back to ATL.

Had and email the other day about getting the 2005 book free when ordering the 2006 book. Wonder if they would let me order two different cities?

Thanks for all the advice!

• 3 months later...

As info, we used Quick Shuttle on Friday 8-25-05 from the Sea/Tac airport to downtown Vancouver BC. We boarded the 1pm departure and did not get to our hotel until 7:15! Had some traffic delays which I am sure was some cause of the long trip along with several stops in route. Once we got to downtown Vancouver I was under the impression that they would be dropping us off at our hotel which is what we were told. Instead, the driver dropped us off at a corner where our luggage was then transferred into another van like shuttle which took a while due to all the luggage had to be unloaded then reloaded. After some confusion on who was going to be dropped off where, we were then taken to our hotel. Be sure to take some snacks, water or even lunch if you do not plan on eating before. Have a great trip!!

Michelle :)

Archived