What Food/Drink Can We Take on Mariner?

Miz Kat

OK, we are going on the Mariner on March 3 and I'm trying to get things together. So far, I know that we can take two 750 ml bottles of wine for our one cabin. I've seen various things about what can/cannot be taken otherwise and I'm wondering...

Both of our kids take a PediaSure drink every day. Can I bring two six-packs of these without any trouble?

Can I bring a bunch of bottled water so I don't have to pay for bottled water on the ship? I drink tons of water every day and am really wondering how to get my fill if I have to pay out the nose while on the ship.

Snacks: Can we bring things like Nutri-Grain bars, Goldfish, Pretzels, etc. for the kids to snack on? I'm thinking a couple of bags of Goldfish, bag of chips, bag of pretzels, and a couple of boxes of Nutri-Grain bars.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has cruised lately for letting me know what's allowed in advance!

My related question: I have read multiple times that although not "allowed" water and soda can usually be taken aboard except during Spring Break" I am cruising during Spring Break, so is my water/soda likely to get taken away?

Thanks!

My related question: I have read multiple times that although not "allowed" water and soda can usually be taken aboard except during Spring Break" I am cruising during Spring Break, so is my water/soda likely to get taken away?

Thanks!

Choose bottled water and pop that is clearly not opened. Consider taking cans so they know you aren't trying to hide alcohol. Choose a brand of water that has a thick or more visible sealed opening. Here, that would be Dasani which has a thick blue piece of plastic on it that stands out.

Sorry, I don't know about taking actual food onboard.

I have this question too, as my DD18 is a Type 1 diabetic and she sometimes needs things in the iddle of the night for low blood sugars and while we are on excursions. Also, the water issue, as she uses the sugar-free mix-in packets instead of diet drinks.

OK, we are going on the Mariner on March 3 and I'm trying to get things together. So far, I know that we can take two 750 ml bottles of wine for our one cabin. I've seen various things about what can/cannot be taken otherwise and I'm wondering...

Both of our kids take a PediaSure drink every day. Can I bring two six-packs of these without any trouble?

Can I bring a bunch of bottled water so I don't have to pay for bottled water on the ship? I drink tons of water every day and am really wondering how to get my fill if I have to pay out the nose while on the ship.

Snacks: Can we bring things like Nutri-Grain bars, Goldfish, Pretzels, etc. for the kids to snack on? I'm thinking a couple of bags of Goldfish, bag of chips, bag of pretzels, and a couple of boxes of Nutri-Grain bars.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has cruised lately for letting me know what's allowed in advance!

I don't think you will have a problem with any of this. Personally I don't have a problem drinking the water on the ship. We ask for ice everyday and I usually get a glass of water every day in the Windjammer, take it to the room and just refill it. Or sometimes i just use the smaller glasses that are in the cabin. You can get glasses of water all the time at the Promenade Cafe. I think it tastes fine. That being said, I don't think you will have a problem taking on bottles of water if that is your preference.

Unless you have a "condition" the ship's water is pure....If carrying a ton of water is critical, give it a shot. But if not, then you can trust the ship's water....It is desalinated and pure.

As for the goodies...everything must be in a sealed packet. I would recommend you pack it and not carry it on. Security is done by contract and they are not RCI employees, so if they refuse it, you have no recourse. If it gets to the Naughty Room, you can discuss it directly with ship's personnel.

Archived