Vancouver Grocery Store

Our family will be in Vancouver for 3 nights pre-cruise. We've learned so much from this board and are very excited about our visit. We'll be staying at the Hyatt Regency and need to shop at a grocery store. Is there one within walking distance of our hotel? On previous trips to Vancouver we were not cruising and had a car.

Thanks,

Bobolink

If you need a full service grocery store - there is a market place IGA two blocks up Burrard st from the Hyatt - it's next to the Sutton place hotel and just before the YMCA.

If you need a more multi-purpose store there is a London Drugs two blocks up Robson from the Hotel

Royal Center mall below the hotel has some stores and a Staples and Pacific Center mall with a Sears and Bay and another 100 or so stores is two blocks east on Georgia from your hotel.

Hope this helps and enjoy tour visit to Vancouver

Cheers

Dennis

Yes, I was looking for a full-service grocery. Sounds like an easy location. We've shopped in that London Drugs store. My kid is an extremely picky eater and it requires a trip to the grocery store to be sure she eats something nutritious during our three week vacation.

Thanks all. I know from previous posts that there is a great wine shop nearby.

We love Vancouver and are really looking forward to our stay there, brief as it is.

Bobolink

A little bit further from your hotel, but still walkable, is the Safeway on Robson at Denman ( think it's Denman). There is also health food store on Robson, the name of which escapes me. DH & I stopped in there for breakfast and they have killer muffins. They had a full supermarket, just more organic and health-food type stuff, like Whole Foods in the US.

There is a BC liquor store on Albernie at Georgia, for your alcoholic beverage needs, if you have any. They have a very nice selection of wines from around the globe.

• 3 months later...

Archived