Anyone else wondered how the "free" Classic drinks package will impact service?

3littlepigs

My DH and I were able to get the free classic alcohol package on our Feb. 10-17 Silhouette cruise. We never encountered any service issues at any of the bars, including the Martini Bar and Cafe al Bacio. We spent most of our time at the Sunset Bar and the bartenders there were fantastic! We chose Select Dining and our wine glasses were never empty. We never encountered any fellow passengers who over indulged, although I am sure there probably were a few onboard. We had a wonderful cruise and wonderful service!

Just of the Reflection; Feb. 16 - 23 cruise. Using our only basis for comparison, our cruise on the Eclipse last February, we did not notice any negative impact caused by drink packages. If anything, we noticed times when some bars seemed quieter. Last year on the final night the Martini Bar was packed solid from 9 PM into the early morning hours. This past Friday night I passed by around 10 PM and there only a half dozen people at the bar.

My DH and I were able to get the free classic alcohol package on our Feb. 10-17 Silhouette cruise. We never encountered any service issues at any of the bars, including the Martini Bar and Cafe al Bacio. We spent most of our time at the Sunset Bar and the bartenders there were fantastic! We chose Select Dining and our wine glasses were never empty. We never encountered any fellow passengers who over indulged, although I am sure there probably were a few onboard. We had a wonderful cruise and wonderful service!

So what wines did you drink? Diid you get different ones for each course?Did you order them? Were they only the ones on the wine per glass list?

We drink alot wine with dinner and are a bit picky so I am just trying to figure out how wine service works in the MDR.

Thanks.

So what wines did you drink? Diid you get different ones for each course?Did you order them? Were they only the ones on the wine per glass list?

We drink alot wine with dinner and are a bit picky so I am just trying to figure out how wine service works in the MDR.

Thanks.

The wine sommelier came to our table shortly after we were seated. We just told him what type of wine we liked and that we had the classic package. He brought the wine to the table and kept returning to refill my glass. I am really not a big wine drinker. I drink mostly Riesling, but I thought it was very good. By the third day, he would automatically stop at our table with my wine. A separate cocktail server would come to our table and take our drink orders. The service was wonderful!

Happy Cruzer,

We were also on the 2/10 sailing of the Silhouette and my experience was similar to cheriberi. I did feel the sommelier did seem to be racing around in an effort to keep glasses filled, but fill them he did. I heartily agree that if you want higher end wines with dinner you are better off ordering a bottle. The by the glass options are limited and bottles are just about limitless (within the Celebrity offering as a whole). I was content, but then I am happy with just about any Sauvignon Blanc so I am easy to please.

Archived