Royal C I wine policy

Hi cruisers, second cruise for me and my once child bride, on the Sappire we took aboad wine and beer on our Alaska cruise.

So out of Sydney what is allowed and what is Verboten, so as not to raise the ire of the "Ones who must be obeyed"

We love a drink in the cabin while getting ready to go out for the evening, and a chill out on the back deck....Aft floor 10....blunt end.

Scott.........No flames, no judgement, just what you do:D

I take bottled water every time. Never a problem.

Yes but the question was what are you "allowed" to take and RCI does not allow bottled water according to T&C,s

What you do actually take that you are not supposed to and get onboard with is a different matter!

I take at least 1 litre of vodka on all cruises, and always get it onboard :)

Fisho, Aussie, thanks for the post:) its good to get feedback honest and direct.

Not having sailed with RCI out of Sydney How rigorous is the shake down At boarding.:eek: Princces was great, out of whittier, proccesed moved on then boarded.:D

Regards Scott

We were on Rhapsody last week and the shake down at boarding was very loose. We wanted to do some sightseeing in Sydney so we dropped our luggage off at about midday but didn't board until about 3.30pm. By then they were basically packing up as we were close to last to board, so maybe they just wanted to get home! We breezed through in about 5 minutes including having our photos taken for Seapasses. This was 2 adults and 2 kids.

Hi cruisers, second cruise for me and my once child bride, on the Sappire we took aboad wine and beer on our Alaska cruise.

So out of Sydney what is allowed and what is Verboten, so as not to raise the ire of the "Ones who must be obeyed"

We love a drink in the cabin while getting ready to go out for the evening, and a chill out on the back deck....Aft floor 10....blunt end.

Scott.........No flames, no judgement, just what you do:D

I was on Voyager from Sydney at Xmas and brought on 2 bottles of wine. I had 4 bottles in my carry on and was questioned but when I told them I was carrying the bottles for my parents cabin - no problems

cruise love

Dave what were the highlights of the trip....

Scott

Hi Scott

The highlights were:

Leaving Sydney Harbour - what an amazing place!

Snorkelling at Lifou and Noumea (went to Duck Island which is 3 minutes by water taxi - great place for lunch and a beer).

The shows each night ranged from good to brilliant. Love and Marriage was an obsolute hoot as was the Quest. Enjoyed the trivia comps and other game show types of entertainment. I don't always get into these types of activities but they really were very good.

Food in the Edelwiess Restaurant (main dining room) was very good consistently. Buffet was average. Lunch from the Park Cafe in the Solarium was great.

Cocktails.

First beer of the day.

Time away from the extended family in the gym!

Enjoyed it all really, except the buffet. I'm kinda a buffet snob anyway but it was average. Didn't try any specialty restaurants as we had a diverse family group and it was too hard logistically.

My advice is get into the activities, particularly the main show each night. We missed the first one or two and I regret that.

Hope you have a blast!

Cheers

Dave

Dave what were the highlights of the trip....

Scott

We did the Voyager around NZ in Nov/Dec.

My best "tip" and it should be the same on most RCI ships is find a spot you like on deck or in a Bar, if you like Spirits give the Barman a tip each drink, most Aussies do not tip and believe the auto 15% is enough, most Barman get hardly any wage and the tip is everything to them.

A couple of bucks for a round of two drinks is not much and we asked for tall glasses, the Barman uses his discretion on the drink mix as they do not use pourer's, they can be generous at times.

That may not be the case with Waiter service, we went to the Bar.

Best Bar service and drinks we have had on any Cruise.

We did the Voyager around NZ in Nov/Dec.

My best "tip" and it should be the same on most RCI ships is find a spot you like on deck or in a Bar, if you like Spirits give the Barman a tip each drink, most Aussies do not tip and believe the auto 15% is enough, most Barman get hardly any wage and the tip is everything to them.

A couple of bucks for a round of two drinks is not much and we asked for tall glasses, the Barman uses his discretion on the drink mix as they do not use pourer's, they can be generous at times.

That may not be the case with Waiter service, we went to the Bar.

Best Bar service and drinks we have had on any Cruise.

Agreed Mikey. Did this in the R Bar and Schooner Bar on Rhapsody. They get to know you pretty quickly and make sure they look after you! I also tipped our stateroom attendant on the first day and again on the last and he was my best friend on the ship!

Hi Scott

The highlights were:

Leaving Sydney Harbour - what an amazing place!

Snorkelling at Lifou and Noumea (went to Duck Island which is 3 minutes by water taxi - great place for lunch and a beer).

The shows each night ranged from good to brilliant. Love and Marriage was an obsolute hoot as was the Quest. Enjoyed the trivia comps and other game show types of entertainment. I don't always get into these types of activities but they really were very good.

Food in the Edelwiess Restaurant (main dining room) was very good consistently. Buffet was average. Lunch from the Park Cafe in the Solarium was great.

Cocktails.

First beer of the day.

Time away from the extended family in the gym!

Enjoyed it all really, except the buffet. I'm kinda a buffet snob anyway but it was average. Didn't try any specialty restaurants as we had a diverse family group and it was too hard logistically.

My advice is get into the activities, particularly the main show each night. We missed the first one or two and I regret that.

Hope you have a blast!

Cheers

Dave

You must have been in the same cruise!

We found we didn't need the wine as DH a d I liked the mixed drinks.

You must have been in the same cruise!

We found we didn't need the wine as DH a d I liked the mixed drinks.

I think we were the one before - we returned on 23/1. We also enjoyed the mixed drinks and only drank wine with dinner each night. If you asked for the Aussie & NZ wine list they would produce it but only if you asked specifically. There was plenty on that list to choose from too. We luckily found a white that we liked first up and stuck to that for the trip. Mutua Valley Sav Blanc - $38. Not great value for a wine you can buy for $13 here but we enjoyed it anyway!

Dave mate sounded like you had a great cruise, on our Alaska cruise we tipped well and got top sevice and extra drinks, a little go's a long way.

We are on the V O S next Feb aft cabin, I love the view looking back we will be in a group of about twenty, it should be a hoot, lots to do, I'm up early so I head to the gym to work some off just to put it back.

We will find a corner in a bar somewere to play 500, and do all we can to have fun...........and keep it legal.:eek:..

Thaks for all the other posts Guys an Galls..........Scott:D

Archived