Newbie Elite questions

eandx

Hello everyone, DW and I will be taking our first cruise as elites in a few weeks :D(woo hoo), and wanted to know if there are any tips regarding the elite benefits? For example how do we handle the laundry, is it taken off or room charge at the end of the cruise or do we have to submit it for reimbursment? Any and all tips are appreciated!

Thank You in advance for your reply!

Eric

Hello everyone, DW and I will be taking our first cruise as elites in a few weeks :D(woo hoo), and wanted to know if there are any tips regarding the elite benefits? For example how do we handle the laundry, is it taken off or room charge at the end of the cruise or do we have to submit it for reimbursment? Any and all tips are appreciated!

Eric

Our last cruise was our first as Elite, but before that we did a B2B in a Window Suite in the Golden. Don't know if you need to but we wrote Suite or Elite on the ticket. Charges were automatically removed from our bill the next day. I'm sure they know by your cabin number that you are Elite.

Call Room Service after you get to your cabin if you want to change out your mini-bar. We changed the mini liquor bottles for beer and the soft drinks for Diet Coke. The change was made within an hour while we were exploring the ship.

You will have a card in your cabin with your invitation for your complimentary Grapevine Wine Tasting.

The 10% discount was given automatically on purchases at the stores onboard.

Enjoy your first cruise as Elite!

When I write up my laundry form, I just put the # of each item and when done, do a squiggly line down through the price. On the bottom, I write "Elite" in large letters. As said, you'll be charged and the amount reversed the next night. Same day or "rush" laundry is not included.

Eric

There should be a bag for laundry left in your cabin, if not, ask your cabin steward for one. We leave our laundry, in the bag, on the bed, either in the morning when we go to breakfast, or in the evening when we go to supper. This is a great service even if you only need laundry pressed after traveling to the ship. On formal nights free canapes will be delivered to your cabin - if that order form is not left by your cabin steward the day before the formal night, be sure to ask for it. On our last cruise we did not receive the menu for the Platinum/Elite Lounge - for that, our cabin steward could not come up with one so we had to go to the purser's desk - I suppose the Captain's Circle Rep would also have been a good person to talk to.

When I write up my laundry form, I just put the # of each item and when done, do a squiggly line down through the price. On the bottom, I write "Elite" in large letters. As said, you'll be charged and the amount reversed the next night. Same day or "rush" laundry is not included.

We are just back from Ruby and Emerald and my wife checked the same day box and we got it back that afternoon and the charge was reversed out the next day.She was not aware that same day was not included and when I discovered her mistake I expected to be billed.Glad they reversed it out.

We are just back from Ruby and Emerald and my wife checked the same day box and we got it back that afternoon and the charge was reversed out the next day.She was not aware that same day was not included and when I discovered her mistake I expected to be billed.Glad they reversed it out.
You were lucky although I've had the same thing happen to me. I've also had stewards to apologetically said that I would be charged the full amount plus the 50% premium for same day. It's inconsistent (as usual.)

Archived