Air France and World Airways--Info

cruisintwinsmom

Just got my flight info from the cruise line. They have us flying Air France and World Airways (charter). Any comments on either one of them.

Went to Air France website, couldn't get baggage info to load. Anyone know their weight limits?

Thanks in advance for your help. Don't know what I would do without these boards.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cruisintwinsmom:
Just got my flight info from the cruise line. They have us flying Air France and World Airways (charter). Any comments on either one of them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's a link to their US Website:

[url="http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=37927429&siteid=39661748&bfpage=lowest_air_184"]Air France - US Web Site[/url]

Also, I would recommend you sign up for their frequent flyer program. You can also do this from their US web site. They frequently run specials and they have on right now for discounts on cruises with HAL. Are you cruising with HAL by chance?

Have a great trip!

Up next - Pacific NorthWest Coastal!

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;12;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]

Navigator of the Seas - 01/05
Dawn Princess - 10/04
Grand Princess - 11/04 (Cancelled)
Grand Princess - 10/04 (Cancelled)
Island Princess - 05/04
Grand Princess - 10/03
Norway - 10/03 (Cancelled)
Wind Surf - Transatlantic 4/02

Thanks, Todd. Appreciate the help.

Went to the site today, but couldn't get the info pages to open. Used your link and could get the info for membership, etc. We were thinking of joining the frequent flyer program, but didn't know if we should join Delta instead and still get the points.

Sailing on Celebrity.

Again, thanks.

PS. Were in Vancouver last July. Loved it![img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

From the home page link, click Travel guide > Practical information > Baggage > In the baggage hold.

Here's the info they provide:

· Verify the weight allowed for your checked baggage. It varies according to class of travel and destination and can be found on your ticket.

Have a great trip!

Up next - Pacific NorthWest Coastal!

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;12;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]

Navigator of the Seas - 01/05
Dawn Princess - 10/04
Grand Princess - 11/04 (Cancelled)
Grand Princess - 10/04 (Cancelled)
Island Princess - 05/04
Grand Princess - 10/03
Norway - 10/03 (Cancelled)
Wind Surf - Transatlantic 4/02

WE FLEW ON A WORLD AIRWAYS CHARTER TO ISRAEL SEVERAL YEARS AGO. I HOPE, FOR YOUR SAKE, THAT THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE HAS IMPROVED. THESE WERE, WITHOUT A DOUBT, THE RUDEST ATTENDANTS I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED. WE FLY QUITE A BIT AND IT TAKES A LOT TO GET US UPSET HOWEVER, THERE WERE MANY NON-ENGLISH SPEAKING PAX AND THE ATTENDANTS TREATED THEM AS IF THEY WERE BOTH STUPID AND DEAF--REPEATING THEIR QUESTIONS IN EVER LOUDER VOICES AND THEN WALKING AWAY AND SAYING "STUPID" WHEN THE PAX JUST STARED AT THEM. I WAS HORRIFIED. FORTUNATELY THERE WERE MANY OF US WHO, THOUGH WE COULDN'T SPEAK THE LANGUAGES, COULD ASSIST UTILYZING SIGN LANGUAGE. LETS HOPE THIS HAS IMPROVED. I WAS EMBARRASED FOR MY COUNTRY.

MARIANNE AND NORM
WHO CAN'T WAIT TO BOARD THE ROTTERDAM ON 7/10/2004

Marianne and Norm,
Hopefully they will have improved their service. I'll just remember not to take it personnally if they are rude to me. I think there will probably be mostly Americans on the trip (flying nonstop from Venice to JFK). I'm more concerned over the shape of the equipment and the pilot experience.
Thanks for your input.

Have a great trip on the Rotterdam!

cruisintwinsmom,
i'm sure the plane and the pilot are up to standard. hope you have a wonderful time.
btw, we will be down in your neck of the woods this w/e--have a daughter and family who work in louisville and live in corydon, in.

MARIANNE AND NORM
WHO CAN'T WAIT TO BOARD THE ROTTERDAM ON 7/10/2004

Duffys,
Know this if off topic, but----
Hope you enjoy your visit to the area. Haven't looked at the forecast for the w/e but today was great. Corydon seems to be a wonderful place to live; many leave here and move to Corydon to be in the beautiful countryside.

• 1 month later...
I hate to tell you but the worst airline I have ever flown is World airways. Took a Celebrity booked cruise and air package out of JFK to Istanbul Turkey last year. It was so cramped a flight, service was terrible and tomake matters worsethe plane sat at the gate for 2 hours, with the passengers on board, waiting depart as a few passengers connecting had not arrive yeat and as we were all cruises they sat and waited. It was torture. any other airline would have left and sent them on a later flight.
NEVER Never will I fly them again.
Nancy

Nancy,
Thanks for the reply. My TA said we had to get seat assignments at the gate. Is this true? Will they give assignments or is it first on plane get the seats. Can't change them now, so we'll deal with it, but would like to be prepared.

Archived