Has anyone booked a handicap accessible cabin and been bumped??

So, what if there is one cabin left on the ship?. It is HC.

I call the cruise line, and book the only cabin left, the HC.

Thoughts?

If it's the last cabin available in its category, it would be OK to book IMO.

One last thing (I havent read any of the new posts so this is not in response to any of those)...my original post was not about being bumped from a handicaped cabin - I THOROUGHLY would understand if that happened. My issue is getting bumped from your original cabin -- no matter what the category was. Oddly enough, I was talking about this to a co-worker 15 minutes ago and alas, her mother had this happen to her and RC did upgrade her 2 categories. My only concern was that we would still have ample room and not be shoved into an inside cabin for two when there is 3 of us. Anyways, I've said my peace and Im stepping away from this thread. But I am highly disappointed in the reaction of some of you. I thought this board was to help eachother, not put eachother down. :confused:

Huh?

Hi there! We booked a handicap accessible cabin on the Grandeur (none of us are handicapped but it was offered to us so we took it since its much roomier). It says on the cruise line docs that you can be bumped for actual handicapped passengers. Has this ever happened to you and if so, did the cruise do anything for the inconvenience?

Thanks in advance for the help! :)

You might want to re-read what your OP was.

Johneeo - Your scenario is completely different than the OPs. If there is only one cabin left on the ship, even if it's over a year until sail date, then it should be open to anyone regardless of whether it is a regular or accessible cabin. The OP specifically booked an accessible cabin even though there are other available cabins that will meet the family's needs that are not accessible.

Despite what OP posted after being advised of the difficulties in obtaining an HC cabin for those that need one, it sounds like he expects RC to give him a comparible sized cabin (not the same category) if they have to take the HC one for someone who needs it. I'll assume he booked an HC inside cabin, which is 258 sq. ft. A regular inside cabin is 136 sq. ft. whether for 2, 3, or 4 people. His post reads to me like he expects RC to bump him up to a JS, which is the closest comparibly sized cabin, at no additional charge for his "inconvenience" in being removed from a cabin that he should never have booked. Yes, the HC cabins are roomier, but a wheelchair user needs a path at least 3 feet wide around the cabin to be able to maneuver.

The OP's story about the accessible cabin being "offered" to him is fishy to me. I started several fake reservations, including his Grandeur Nov. 8th sailing, and the only way I could get the available accessible cabins to show up was to check the box marked "I have a disability and need an accessible stateroom."

Archived