van tour in Hawaii

running girl

I am looking for a van tour for my parents that are going on the 14day Hawaii cruise. Most of the excursions are too aggressive for them . I am looking for a simple van tour at each Island they stop at.Any advice is welcomed for any of the Islands.

I am looking for a van tour for my parents that are going on the 14day Hawaii cruise. Most of the excursions are too aggressive for them . I am looking for a simple van tour at each Island they stop at.Any advice is welcomed for any of the Islands.

May want to check in on the roll call (Princess roll calls) for that cruise, probably lots of people on it.

Are you looking for tours that are mostly just being on a bus w/o too much walking?

On our 2005 cruise, we booked a waterfalls and Eastern Big Island tour through Princess. There was a trek over to Akaka Falls that needs to be done on foot, but maybe every once in a while someone stays on the van.

Last month we were on the Movies in Hawaii tour on Kauai. We really enjoyed it. Plenty of waterfalls (my hubby is a fan). I guess if you didn't want to walk, you can stay on the bus--some of the sights you can probably see w/o a walk. It included a lunch at the diner featured in the movie The Descendants.

Other than those, you can check the shore excursions bookable thru Princess (they will grade each one as easy, moderate or strenuous activity), negotiate with a taxi driver, check the Hawaii area on this board, ask on the roll call thread.

• 2 weeks later...
Are you looking for tours that are mostly just being on a bus w/o too much walking?

On our 2005 cruise' date=' we booked a waterfalls and Eastern Big Island tour through Princess. There was a trek over to Akaka Falls that needs to be done on foot, but maybe every once in a while someone stays on the van.

Last month we were on the Movies in Hawaii tour on Kauai. We really enjoyed it. Plenty of waterfalls (my hubby is a fan). I guess if you didn't want to walk, you can stay on the bus--some of the sights you can probably see w/o a walk. It included a lunch at the diner featured in the movie The Descendants.

Other than those, you can check the shore excursions bookable thru Princess (they will grade each one as easy, moderate or strenuous activity), negotiate with a taxi driver, check the Hawaii area on this board, ask on the roll call thread.[/quote']

Is that the tour Movies in Hawaii in Kauai, thru Princess, with lunch, or is that tour a private tour.??? If private, what tour Company did you use??

Did you have to put a deposit down ahead??

Thanks,

Grace

Is that the tour Movies in Hawaii in Kauai, thru Princess, with lunch, or is that tour a private tour.??? If private, what tour Company did you use??

Did you have to put a deposit down ahead??

Thanks,

Grace

We booked through Princess (my hubby prefers to just deal with them). And of course, no prepayment or deposit needed.

If you look for my thread in the Princess area about our cruise, you'll find a lot of photos from that day.

Cruisin' Chick - Was the Movie Tour on a small bus with TVs set up? We did this tour a few years ago, so just wondering if it's about the same as it was then. We enjoyed it a lot, and there wasn's much walking involved. We had a picnic lunch in a park, but I like the idea of the restaurant - in Hanalei??

We used Mahalo Tours on Maui. Picked us up at 9 am and got back to ship at 6:30 pm. It is the road to Hana Tour. You can do some walking but you can also stay close to the van - mini bus. We had a wonderful tour guide (Shaun) and she really got into the history, culture and spirit of Maui. Would highly recommend them.

Archived