Cool Runnings Tour with 7 YOs and Elderly Parents?

Twinsmom05

We will be in Barbados in March and are considering taking the Cool Runnings sailing tour. Has anyone done this tour with young children? We have 7 YO twin girls who haven't ever snorkeled before, but would love to see the turtles. I'm just wondering what others experienced with similarly aged children. Did they enjoy it? Were they bored if they didn't want to swim? If you have taken this tour with young kids, PLEASE let me know.

Also, has anyone ever taken this with elderly parents? Mine are in their early 80s with a bit of balance issues. They'd love to see the island from the water and the ship seems like it would be very stable, but I'm just curious if anyone has taken elderly passengers on the boat.

Thanks so much!

I think it would be fine - mainly because they do not over crowd the boat, like some other excursions.. Your folks could find a nice seat in the shade and be comfortable, and the kids could safely move around. Very difficult for them to be bored, I would think.

The crew is exceptional and professional.

Email Christine from their web site and ask about kids, if you are unsure. She is prompt to respond.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived