New Orleans Tips

travelplus

My Father and I will be in New Orleans from April 4th-April 6th and was wondering what restaurants are medium priced in the French Quarter for Lunch and Diner with the local flare?

We are staying at the Astor Crown Plaza and would like to go one night to Frenchman Street. What is a good restaurant and Jazz Club that either has no cover charge or a minimal one? Any good places for a drink?

On Bourbon Street any good Jazz Club/ Restaurant medium priced for Dinner/Lunch. I am an aficionado of Jazz and heard Preservation Hall is good around 8 PM.

I want to go to Cafe Du Mond at night for their Caffe Au Lait and Beignets.

Any Happy Hour special in this location a locals bar with local beer would be great?

Any good liquor store by the Astor with good wine that is not too expensive to pick up before the cruise?

Any locals or insiders tips or any events we should not miss while were there in the area?

We are not renting a car but will take a cab from the airport and then walk around the city.

Archived