Friends and Family rates

Check and see if the company you work for is a vendor or is in some way associated and /or does business with a cruise line. Some call it 'Friends and Family', Corporate Affiliates, or Vendor. We've saved as much as half off the regular price.

Half off the cruise line's qouted price. I don't use TA's. So, the cruise line quoted a price of $900 PP for an outside cabin, we paid $550. In my case we provide communications - radios and pagers. I don't think you can get a better deal with a TA.

Half off the cruise line's qouted price. I don't use TA's. So, the cruise line quoted a price of $900 PP for an outside cabin, we paid $550. In my case we provide communications - radios and pagers. I don't think you can get a better deal with a TA.

I just got a simlar deal. I work for UPS and Carnival calls it an 'Interline rate'. I got the first two cabins at this rate and after that it's less of a discount and called the friends and family rate. Was told by Carnival reservation lady that's the same discount they get, LOL :rolleyes:

one ocean view and two insides on Holiday 8/29 for $1734. I thought that was a pretty good deal...

Interline rates are usually associated with government or select partner companies. It isn't very common and most travel agencies don't have them. Interline rates are usually as low as you can get. Friends & Family rates are not that good at all. In fact our local DSM has booked with our agency because we have better rates than the Friends & Family rates that employees get for their contacts.

Way to go Family Out Doors. That's what I'm talking about. We paid $600 each for an outside cabin, for an eight day cruise, Feb,2004 on RCCL. That's $75 a day each if my math is correct. And travel insurance was an extra $30 each.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip Tomm. I work for a very large telecommuications company (200,000+ employees), but Human Relations is very complacent about telling us what types of discounts we qualify for. Does anyone know if there is a specific department at Royal Caribbean where you could inquire as to whether or not your company is a supplier? Thanks. :)

In another thread on CC I was reading how someone got the "friends and family " rate then 2 days before the cruise got bumped. The cruise line never called her to cancel her booking she had decided to check and was told her cabin was given to an employee as she was just the friend of an employee.

Is this common? Have you ever been bumped from a cruise?

We have a friend that gets the discount and wants us to go on a cruise with them but after reading the other thread I am leary of taking the discounted rate.

In another thread on CC I was reading how someone got the "friends and family " rate then 2 days before the cruise got bumped. The cruise line never called her to cancel her booking she had decided to check and was told her cabin was given to an employee as she was just the friend of an employee.

Is this common? Have you ever been bumped from a cruise?

We have a friend that gets the discount and wants us to go on a cruise with them but after reading the other thread I am leary of taking the discounted rate.

The bumping of this passenger had nothing to do with her using a Friends & Family discount. She was bumped for another reason, unrelated to the use of this program. So, I wouldn't worry about taking the discount rate.

The bumping of this passenger had nothing to do with her using a Friends & Family discount. She was bumped for another reason, unrelated to the use of this program. So, I wouldn't worry about taking the discount rate.

Ok Thanks

I thought I read that she got a discount from a friend that worked in the industry.

Archived