British Isles on the Golden - best month to cruise?

CruiseNut7

Thanks!

Here goes:

• typing semi-colon + bracket ----> ;)

• typing full colon : + capital D -----> :D

I'm still just seeing the actual separate key stroke items, not the icon.

Are YOU able to see the icon in MY note?

ALSO: Is the following in italic---> <i>I'm typing in italics via html code. End italics via code. </i>

THANKS for bearing with me for such a basically unimportant deal, but you know how it is. (After all, *I* am "Dr. FUN"--so I need my smilies!) I see some folks can even post in colors! Guess that my advanced course.... :-) <----(colon+hyphen+bracket; but I don't see an iconic smilie).

Best,

Mary-Lou

"DrFUN"

P.S. I'm back with an EDIT of above. WOW!!!! YOU are a GREAT teacher, Casshew! (And I'm actually a professor!) In the COMPOSING box, I saw only the typewriter smilies. But in the actual POST, I saw the two icons (HOORAY!) at the top of the note, but not the one at the bottom--and not the italics. When you have time, would you send me the codes for the postable icons??? I owe you one! :)

But in the actual POST, I saw the two icons (HOORAY!)

LOL - good job!!

okay here is what I can figure out.... remember - no spaces

:eek: ---------------> : eek :

:p ---------------> : p

:mad: ---------------> : mad :

You are so very kind to take time to do this....

One little problem in your tutorial is that instead of the keystroke indicators, your instructions turned into their cute icons when posted, so the instructions disappeared! :(

Do you mind editing your two posts to add the keystroke instructions next to the icons (like you did earlier--i.e., "colon+bracket")?

:D

^ (See how much I've learned!)

Really? they turned into the icons? LOL

Okay

for the sad face - Full colon left bracket

For the shocked face - full colon eek full colon

for the mad face - full colon mad full colon

for the rolling eyes - full colon rolleyes full colon

for the tongue out face - full colon p

Your pupil presents (part of) her final exam:

--SAD FACE :( [This instruction came through fine.]

--SHOCKED FACE [Can't do this one, as your post turned into "full colon eek full colon"....Sure wish the MESSAGE box looked the same as the posted message.]

--MAD FACE [Can't do this either, as your post reads "full colon mad full colon".... Isn't that infuriating. I wish I COULD post the mad face. ;) <--I CAN do that one, as you taught me. :)]

--ROLLING EYES ??? [uh-oh! Your post for this reads "full colon rolleyes full colon"....]

--TONGUE-OUT :p [That sould be OK, as the icon description didn't get in the way.]

SO--2 of 5 = 40%. I gues I failed. :(

What a super sport you are to try to help make this board more fun! (I'm not even going to THINK about italics or color!)

Thanks ever so,

Mary-Lou

"DrFUN"

Can you believe it? Your post still shows up with the darling icons in it, not the instructions. (Does it look that way to you, too?)

I think it will work if you write out the WORDS (e.g., :) = "comma+right bracket")--and then all the folks viewing this board who have been so gracious not to complain about my about this little problem will be relieved (or maybe a few other MAC users are also thrilled to be in Casshew's virtual classroom).

Again, Casshew--YOU are a prince/princess. Bless you! :)

Mary-Lou

Dear Casshew:

:confused: :o :rolleyes: :cool: :eek:

How 'bout that ^^^? And they're now all over here, as you said====>>>

The PROBLEM was that my CC edit option (on my profile page) = BASIC rather than ENHANCED. Suddenly, I thought about looking there to see if there was anything helpful--and lo and behold: there was this wonderful choice. (I signed up ages ago for CC, and I don't recall any of those choices....)

So NOW I can do bold or italic or red or ANYTHING!

Once again (and FINALLY), I must thank you so much! You are the kind of generous soul who makes these boards so great: No problem is too big or too little. I hope this helps some other folks, too--and I know I'll continue to learn from YOUR posts, Casshew!

Mary-Lou

(DrFUN)

Archived