Falmouth Jamaica

abs711

Hi All, I would ask this on the Jamaica Board but I am really looking for an answer from someone who has been rather then someone getting ready to go.

We are considering the Falmouth Ochos Rios Highlight Tour FY99. I can't find any reviews on this tour. But through some research what I have found out is that it is a jammed packed tour that shows you a lot of the Island. It is however a 7 hour tour. Since we are only on the Island for 8 hours you more or less get off the ship and leave and get dropped back off at all a board. That being said there is no time to "check out" the port. Will I be disappointed pissing the new port? I hear it is really a great (and new) port.

There is another tour that I can take that is only 3 1/2 hours but it is the same price. So my original thought is why take a tour for 1/2 the time that is the same price.

Please give me your thoughts and help me make a decision here.

Thanks!

If you walk in one shop and walk around the outside of the craft market before you leave for you excursion.. you will have seen it ALL!!! I found all the shops to have all the same stuff and all the crafters selling the exact same stuff. (wooden fish and colorful jamaica button up shirts or dresses) I also dont get overly thrilled with seeing a quiznos, nathons or dairy queen when i am on vacation.

The excursion is that long not just because it is filled with places to see... but because Falmouth is far from all the points of interest which are closer to Ocho Rios and Montego Bay.

If you walk in one shop and walk around the outside of the craft market before you leave for you excursion.. you will have seen it ALL!!! I found all the shops to have all the same stuff and all the crafters selling the exact same stuff. (wooden fish and colorful jamaica button up shirts or dresses) I also dont get overly thrilled with seeing a quiznos, nathons or dairy queen when i am on vacation.

The excursion is that long not just because it is filled with places to see... but because Falmouth is far from all the points of interest which are closer to Ocho Rios and Montego Bay.

PERFECT! This is the kind of information I was looking for. I saw somewhere that there was a rum tasting at the port and I thought maybe there was more things along those lines. Anyone else?

Go on the longer tour.......there really is nothing at the port to see unless you like shopping......jewelry stores and a bunch of souvenir shops. Where you get the tours is in the back so you'll walk past the fountain and the shops....you won't be missing a thing!!

Dee

If you have been to OR before I would skip this. Sounds like you just want to tour.

I would go the opposite way ,maybe FYB6, to mo bay. This would leave you time for the port.

A private tour would work also, maybe a visit to White Witch and to scotchies along with the hip strip in mo bay. Would take you around 4 hrs. If you ate in mo bay or at scotchies. 150 to 180 in price, plus treat the driver to lunch.

Archived