Best souvenirs to buy in Belize

elpasomom

They have beautiful native woods in Belize and make a variety of items from them. I love the cutting board I bought on my first cruise there. It has several of the native woods in it and it is just beautiful - too beautiful to use! You can purchase items inside the port area or - even better - walk right outside the gate and across the street to the small flea market. They love to bargain and really appreciate you buying from the locals.

I would recommend some wood boxes. They are gorgeous and great for holding special items from your trip. We found our from some vendors set up by the mayan ruins. I would also recommend a bottle of cashew wine...fantastic and can only be found in Belize!

We LOVED Belize City, wandered all day, ate gibnut, drank belikins and chatted with locals. We wandered pretty far into town and felt, though the town looks a bit rough, that the locals were the nicest of ANY place we have been.

Souvenirs:

Marie Sharps Hot Sauce

Barrel 1 Rum ( dang good for a low price rum)

Dom Omero aged rum ( dang good for a hard to find more expensive rum)

Cashew Wine.....pretty sweet and horrid tasting to me.

There is a shop in the terminal that sells beautiful table runners made in Belize along with lovely jewelry made locally.

The table runners come in a variety of colors and have patterns with local symbols.

I have given them away as presents and they are much appreciated. It is the only loom shop in the terminal.

Archived