Live: Silver Spirit Grand Pacific Voyage

Silver Spectre

Thanx, Canadian Kate. Looks like we avoided Nico by being on the Whisper but it appears this voyage had the better weather!

We were originally supposed to be cruising with you (but I got sick so removed us from the waitlist in case I wasn't cleared to travel.) The Grand Pacific was our backup plan (since I figured I would be able to handle the flights to/from LAX) but it was sold out by the time I was cleared to travel.

Having missed both cruises, we 'cruised' along vicariously through the posts here. Hopefully the weather will be better next year when we try again (although maybe on some other line since there are 3 doing variations of this year's itinerary which we need towards our 'cruise around the world' goal.)

We were originally supposed to be cruising with you (but I got sick so removed us from the waitlist in case I wasn't cleared to travel.) The Grand Pacific was our backup plan (since I figured I would be able to handle the flights to/from LAX) but it was sold out by the time I was cleared to travel.

Having missed both cruises, we 'cruised' along vicariously through the posts here. Hopefully the weather will be better next year when we try again (although maybe on some other line since there are 3 doing variations of this year's itinerary which we need towards our 'cruise around the world' goal.)

Interesting that you say it was sold out, because it was not. The Silver suites and the other larger suites were of course. But the ship sailed with a couple of empty Vista's and a number of empty Veranda suites. I would estimate at least 20 suites were empty.

Very interesting.

We were looking for a back-to-back, so round-trip, in Vista and when we looked online, one of the two segments was sold out (I think the second half.)

We were waitlisted for WC segments LA to SYD (and had been since early July) right up until the day we canceled which was 3 days before we had to make the payment. We kept getting assurances we'd clear the waitlist once the deadline for WC payments came and went, but hadn't. Since I knew I couldn't handle the flight from Australia back home, it was a moot point whether we would clear the list before the day they asked for payment. That was the cruise I had trouble getting our full deposit back. We never cleared waitlist, there was no mention of non-refundable deposit in any of our docs and we made the deposit before the change in policy but it took several escalating calls by my TA before my deposit was refunded to my credit card.

Archived