Castaway cay

cruzisme

Do they offer the kids camp on the island or do they stay on the ship. We will be traveling with our two kids but would like to take some time to go to the adult's only beach.

You (and your kids!) will love Castaway Cay! We usually spend the morning together as a family, eat lunch and then drop our child off at Scuttle's Cove (the kids area on Castaway Cay). When my child was young enough to go to the Lab/Club, he never ever wanted to leave! The kids area is really nice. They have a water play area and buried whale bones to dig up and all kinds of activities! There isn't a lot of shade though so make sure you put sun screen on them.

Now that he is of the age to go to Edge, they still have an area for those kids with great activities. Last time they all did Pelican Plunge together, got ice cream, and went to the sports area and played games. I think my son said that all the kids talked about what they wanted to do when they were on Castaway Cay earlier in the week so that they kind of had a plan in place. We dropped him off where the Edge/Vibe kids meet and we took the tram to Serenity Bay and had the afternoon all to ourselves. Awesome.

My only complaint is that we are not there long enough!

Kathy

Edited by Bug'sMom

You (and your kids!) will love Castaway Cay! We usually spend the morning together as a family' date=' eat lunch and then drop our child off at Scuttle's Cove (the kids area on Castaway Cay). When my child was young enough to go to the Lab/Club, he never ever wanted to leave! The kids area is really nice. They have a water play area and buried whale bones to dig up and all kinds of activities! There isn't a lot of shade though so make sure you put sun screen on them.

Now that he is of the age to go to Edge, they still have an area for those kids with great activities. Last time they all did Pelican Plunge together, got ice cream, and went to the sports area and played games. I think my son said that all the kids talked about what they wanted to do when they were on Castaway Cay earlier in the week so that they kind of had a plan in place. We dropped him off where the Edge/Vibe kids meet and we took the tram to Serenity Bay and had the afternoon all to ourselves. Awesome.

My only complaint is that we are not there long enough!

Kathy[/quote']

Awesome to hear this news! Thanks for the info.

You can also run a 5K on the island for free. They'll put information in your stateroom the night before. I'll be back there in 3 weeks. I told my husband that they can drop me off at the beginning of the cruise and pick me up on the return. It's so beautiful. We go to Serenity Beach!!!

Things change all the time, especially pricing.

What are the latest rules for snorkeling? I see the latest price is $29 for the equipment all day.

What if I bring my own equipment including my own "regulation" vest? Do they still require you to rent the Disney equipment?

I know my vest, made by Scubapro, is far superior to the one they rent.

Vests aren't rented - they're freely available at all of the lifeguard stands along the beach. You're only paying for rental of the mask/snorkel/fins.

If you bring your own - including vest - I'm sure you can probably use your vest just fine. They lifeguards will insist you get out of the water if you have no vest, but if your vest is yellow (ours are), they're not going to know the difference between yours and theirs. In fact, I don't think they even require it to be inflated - just that you wear it, so it might be more for visibility than anything else?

However, since the vests are free, if for some reason they insist, it's not a big deal to use them. I've never seen a lifeguard stand run out of them.

Enjoy your cruise!