Carnival website gone bonkers? Does this even matter?

willow028

Got the dreaded "low ink" warning today so figured I better get us all checked in and our passes and tags printed - otherwise it'll be the afternoon before we leave, I'll be trying to do 900 things including print this stuff, and I'll run out of ink.

Entering our pre-hotel information and got this lovely error message from Carnival...

19183_10151456827741419_1700132964_n.jpg

Errrrr... last time I checked, 2/10/2013 was on or before the same date as 2/10/2013, but apparently not according to Carnival....

So - in order to get this done before I got sidetracked by something utterly different, I put in 2/9/2013 - does that in the grand scheme of things really matter? Am I going to have the Carnival police suddenly calling and inquiring what we plan to do the night of the 9th since we have nowhere to stay?!

is the entry MM/DD/YYYY or DD/MM/YYYY?

MM/DD/YY - I did triple check to be sure I wasn't getting that backwards!

And it's the 7 day day Valor, but they also offered a limited number of 3 day cabins to accommodate Europeans getting on in Barbados - it worked out perfectly for us - although after being on our roll call I'm wishing we could have done all seven on board.

And are your using the old BC/AD, or the new nonsensical BCE/CE?

Thankfully they didn't ask for that - just pull down the boxes and click the options they give you for MM/DD/YYYY - and they took my return hotel info just fine in the same format... *scratches head*

Appreciate your scenarios why this was so wanky though!

Thankfully they didn't ask for that - just pull down the boxes and click the options they give you for MM/DD/YYYY - and they took my return hotel info just fine in the same format... *scratches head*

Appreciate your scenarios why this was so wanky though!

In all seriousness, I wonder if it DOES have anything to do with multpile start cruise dates on this ship.

In all seriousness, I wonder if it DOES have anything to do with multpile start cruise dates on this ship.

That could be it - the original 7 day does start in San Juan on the 10th, then on the 13th we get off in Barbados and new passengers get on so one would logically think that we wouldn't have the problem but those embarking on the 13th might....but I did use the word logically so who knows what the heck their programmers/website was/were thinking!

As long as we don't get in 'trouble' for being 'homeless' on the 9th per the info I provided, I guess it really doesn't matter... just found it odd and semi-frustrating!

That could be it - the original 7 day does start in San Juan on the 10th, then on the 13th we get off in Barbados and new passengers get on so one would logically think that we wouldn't have the problem but those embarking on the 13th might....but I did use the word logically so who knows what the heck their programmers/website was/were thinking!

As long as we don't get in 'trouble' for being 'homeless' on the 9th per the info I provided, I guess it really doesn't matter... just found it odd and semi-frustrating!

I think the only reason they need that anyway is to contact you in the event of HAVING to contact you regarding your trip.

I think the only reason they need that anyway is to contact you in the event of HAVING to contact you regarding your trip.

I was hoping that too - they have my cell and it Sprint says I have coverage in San Juan... so we should be okay then. It's been since 2002 since I had a pre-cruise hotel stay so could not remember for the life of me what was needed back then when checking in. Thanks!

I tried booking a cruise a couple of weeks ago and when entering my birthdate of September 1969, it kept telling me I needed to be 25 or older to stay in the room!

Hmmm 2013 - 1969 = under 25. Okay, I can be under 25 again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this yet. This is a bug that Carnival hasn't fixed in quite a while. There are several threads here about this.

I did as you did and just put in a date that it would accept :D

Unless they are trying to contact you about YOUR ship sailing early, late, or from a different port.

They have both my cell phone and my email address ,they can get ahold of me ... They don't need to call the front desk at my hotel to leave me a message. This isn't 1993

They have both my cell phone and my email address ,they can get ahold of me ... They don't need to call the front desk at my hotel to leave me a message. This isn't 1993

You're all set as long as your cell plan works in San Juan. And a check of the calendar shows you are correct on your second point.

Archived