Closest (pref cheap) hotel near Sydney OS terminal

Looking for suggestions for the best hotels closest to the Overseas Passenger Terminal at Sydney to stay in the night before a cruise. I have a toddler, so nothing too over the top..... Thanks in advance!

depends when you want to stay but have a look on hotelclub.com or wotif.com

Looking for suggestions for the best hotels closest to the Overseas Passenger Terminal at Sydney to stay in the night before a cruise. I have a toddler, so nothing too over the top..... Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately you need to define 'cheap'.

I am staying at a hotel I consider cheap because for the price its the size of a suite with a seperate bedroom - a serviced apartment hotel. I'm paying $275 and I know full suites at other hotels run to $400+ or more so i consider what I am paying 'cheap' (I'm staying at the Rendezvous shown below).

Unfortunately most of the cheaper hotels are down the other end of the city near central Station or reasonable priced ones over in Darling Harbour - bit of a walk to the OPT or cost for a taxi ride.

Look at these in The Rocks and see if the prices suit you...

There is also a Youth Hostel (ignore the word youth in it - anyone can stay) in The Rocks that is also cheap and has individual rooms with private facilities besides the usual dorms. However, the cheap price may be traded for some noise as although any age can and do stay there I would imagine young backpackers would also be in party mood.

Have a look at the Russell hotel. Very close and small. some have to share bathrooms so check that out too.

http://therussell.com.au/

Personally I would not use the Russell again. Price was right position was right, rooms were good...but....stairs and more stairs to carry your suitcases, and as it is a working hotel it was loud at night with the patrons enjoying a drink.

Sorry no alternative to suggest.

Hi, Check out City Hotel at 195 Clarence Street, Sydney http://www.cityhotelsydney.com.au/

We haven't stayed there yet but will be in November this year. Worth a look.

There are countless threads on this subject. The closest moderately priced hotel is the Holiday Inn Old Sydney at The Rocks. There are a few pub style hotels nearby such as The Russell and The Mercantile but on weekends there will be loud music for the party goers. Try also the YHA Rocks (cheapest but has family rooms). It's in Cumberland St and about a 10 minute walk (the long way)

Hi

We (family of four) stayed in Mecure Sydney near the railway station for 1 night before our cruise. Room was comfortable enough for 1 night. Taxi ride was $18 to the overseas passenger terminal. Hope that helps.:)

You won't get a closer hotel than the Holiday Inn Old Sydney, we really like this for when we are cruising only a few mins stroll to the OPT not the most luxurious but certainly pleasant - if you keep watching the price you can often get this hotel for a fair price!

We (family of 4) have stayed in YHA at the Rocks. Great place to stay. Ages from young children to 70 year olds. The large roof terrace and BBQ area must have one of the best views of Sydney Harbour. Everyone really friendly.:)

Archived