No Option For Well-Done Meat in MDR?

kingsgirl

I have had no problem getting my meat well done in the MDR and even in the WJ...there they will take it and put it on the grill for me..no problem at all.

iagree.gif

I have had them grill meet to get well done many times. All I ever had to do was ask and explain.

Honestly people the op asked a simple question. I can't understand why people feel the need to tell them that's not how they should order their steak. If that's how they want it that's them. Why can't the question just be answered instead of telling them what they need to do. I just don't understand

Have sailed Royal many times and MDR and speciality dining areas all have made WD not leather like cuts for me. I like fish and when I eat beef it must be well cooked in the middle or I can't make it into my mouth. I get flack from my family but we all have our own likes. I don't think OP will be disappointed.

Honestly people the op asked a simple question. I can't understand why people feel the need to tell them that's not how they should order their steak. If that's how they want it that's them. Why can't the question just be answered instead of telling them what they need to do. I just don't understand

Like like like :)

Okay good. Worse case scenario, I guess I just eat around the edge.

Technically you can only order Medium Well and Medium Rare. However, the Waiters will try to get you a more well done piece. I think that the kitchen staff does put some back on the grill or under heat lamps for a longer time to get rid of pink.

I think sometimes people are just surprised that so many are willing to increase their risk for caner by eating overcooked meat, especially when it is so tasteless. Why not stick to seafood and chicken? Doesn't seem worth the risk to me.

And having worked in a restaurant as a waiter I can tell you the cooks HATE having to overcook the meat, it actually makes them mad.

But to each his/her own.

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Risk/cooked-meats

For the record I'm replying to you, not the others. So I'm not one of the ones you're referring to. For the record :)

Lighten up. I think one person, out of all the responses so far, said something like, "why would you want it well done." :cool:

I like my food well done. So i tell them to burn it. :eek: And if it is not cooked enough i send it back. :cool: Never had any problem

I always tell them well done, and then I smile and say, tell them to burn it. Very rarely do I have to send it back because they will cook it the way I like...but if I do send it back, they bend over backwards trying to make me happy and cook it the way I like.

I wonder if anyone who likes their steak rare, if they have any issue getting it rare enough in the MDR? Seems like those who like it well well done have no problem getting that. But when I last sailed, I had the choice of med rare or med well. I told my waiter as rare as you can get it, and it came out right about medium--warm, pink center.

People who love rare steak usually fend off this objection with, "It's not blood, it's MEAT JUICE!" (Or they just grin carnivorously and say that the "blood" is the best part.)

The squeamish people scoff and throw up a wall of skepticism. "Yeah, right. So what exactly IS meat juice, anyway?"

That "meat juice" is mostly water, fat and myoglobin. Did you know the real reason raw meat looks so red is because of myoglobin protein in the muscles? Contrary to popular belief, it's not because of the hemoglobin found in blood.

A quality steak that's been properly drained and cleaned should contain hardly any blood at all, even when it's served rare.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was just reading someone's review of a cruise and they mentioned that they were not able to get meat in the MDR that was well done.

Is this true?

Both my wife and self are "well doners" and never had a problem. If it comes out to pink, jusst point it out to the waiter. They will bring you a new one.

cut off the horns, wipe its @$$ and put it on a plate.

That's the expression I always use (almost-I say cut off it's horns AND tail).

One of the problems with getting the steaks the way one wants is that they are not very thick and it is harder to regulate the doneness when cooking.

I ask for rare and usually get it good enough.

Anyway, to answer the OP, I have seen more steaks cooked more than requested than otherwise. You will be fine.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

[quote name='wvufan']That's the expression I always use (almost-I say cut off it's horns AND tail).

One of the problems with getting the steaks the way one wants is that they are not very thick and it is harder to regulate the doneness when cooking.

I ask for rare and usually get it good enough.

Anyway, to answer the OP, I have seen more steaks cooked more than requested than otherwise. You will be fine.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl[/quote]

Can I have the tail?! :D

Archived