Anyone stay on boat t sting ray city?

kekecruiser

Hello,

I would love to do the Sting Ray City tour but other family members are a bit apprehensive. They tell me they will do the tour but just stay on the boat. Do you think they will still enjoy the tour if they are just observing from the boat? To me it sounds like a waste of money. Any thoughts?

We just came back from our cruise and did this excursion. We had a great time being in the water with the sting rays but there were a couple of people who stayed on the boat....I think the ones with you who don't get in would have fun watching too.

I was a little apprehensive to get off the boat but once I saw that there weren't as many sting rays out there as I had imagined, I went in!

After about a 1/2 hour in the water and having already held the sting ray and had my picture taken, I got back on the boat and still had fun watching the others interact with them.

You can wear your suit under your clothes or change in the very small bathroom on the boat. (Most wore their suits under their clothes). Don't bother bringing swim shoes as they will not let you wear them into the water.. Bare feet only.

We did Stingray City last March and loved it so much that we are doing it again in just a few weeks! We did the tour through Moby Dick and they were so thorough in describing what to expect, what to do/not do once in the water, and answering all questions that any doubts I had were eased (and I did have some doubts beforehand). No one is forced to do anything they don't want to with the stingrays but you can touch them, hold them on your outstretched arms, and even kiss them or feed them if you are daring enough!! (I did it all except the feeding part - squid - YUCK). No one was made to feel bad if they didn't want to do any of those things. And there were some who stayed on the boat with our tour as well. Not a problem at all. The boat ride and the views you will see along the way are very much worth the price to me, even if I hadn't gotten in the water. We also had a snorkel stop - hubby snorkeled, I did not, but enjoyed sitting in the sun and watching the snorkelers and the many, many shades of beautiful blues in the water. I don't think anyone will be disappointed. :)

For the record, many some guests choose to remain onboard. It is a regular occurrence for all stingray tour operators and the staff will not be surprised. If you would like, the staff may be able to bring a ray over to the edge of the boat for you to get an up close view without getting in the water.

It's not a big deal to stay on the boat. For us, the guides were quite close to the boats, so any timid person could get a good look at the action. They may change their minds and pop into the water. If not, it's still an enjoyable outing on a boat for them.

My 7 yr DD is also alittle aprehensive about the rays, i told her she can sit on my shoulders , i am hoping she comes in the water and touches them so i can get a picture. Is the water shallow ?? i heard approx 4 ft ?? we will be there end of March..

Archived