Caribbean Princess Pelican Kids Club

hayley

I did that itinerary on Princess in the summer of 2008, when my son was 7. First of all- you and the kids will love that cruise! The 6 year old will like the youth program. Princess does a good job with the children. Also- the ships are really fun for kids and adults. They had a wonderful magician onboard who did a magic demonstration just for the kids and a good comedian.

A couple tips about Caribbean Princess. On Deck 17 (Aft) there are two huge hot tubs. No one finds them right away. We had them to ourselves for the first couple of days (until others discovered them). We were able to use them at sail-away which was a great place to be- high up on the ship. The scenery is great.

Also- bring hooded sweatshirts and warms sock if you want to use MUTS because it gets cold out there- even with the skimpy blankets they give you.

A couple things you may want to consider...

We disembarked on day 11 of our cruise in LeHavre (just asked in advance of the trip and made these arrangements with the cruise line.) This worked out great because we were able to spend two nights in Paris and really see it. Then we flew home from Paris. The great thing about this is you disembark any time you want- we had breakfast, swam in the pool one last time, had lunch and then left the ship- easy peasy.

St. Peter's Port is small and totally doable by yourself. There is a fortress and the public bus is cheap and you can circumnavigate the island. It's a wonderful little island.

Cohb is really cute and quaint and there is a little playground to the left of where the ship docks.

I wasn't crazy about Dublin and I'm not sure a six year old will be either.

In Queensferry- we took the shuttle but there are taxis into Edinburgh, which takes about 15 minutes. We went to the Edinburgh Castle and then enjoyed time strolling the park like grounds that have nice playground equipment.

In Belfast do the Giant's Causeway tour. It was great. Make sure to visit the Causeway Hotel for a lovely pub lunch (order the Steak and Guiness Pie and Champs). Hurry there to snag a table.

Skip Loch Ness and just go to Inverness- it's beautiful there.

Archived