Dunn River

Hawk15

We will be in Ocho Rios Mar 27 on the Breeze from 11:00am-6:00pm. The only other ship in Ocho will be the Norwegian Pearl which is docking at 8:00am. Two more ships at Falmouth and two more at Montego Bay. Do many passengers from Falmouth and Montego Bay go to Dunn's? Just wondering if it will be crazy busy considering we probably would be at the falls around 11:30. We plan on hiring a driver for the day.

I never thought about looking to see what other boats would be in port at the same time. How did you find this info out? did you go search the other cruise lines to see which cruises they had at that time and where they stopped? We go to Ochos on the Breeze, in May. Please let us know how you liked it and what you did, we are open to suggestions. Have a great trip!

I never thought about looking to see what other boats would be in port at the same time. How did you find this info out? did you go search the other cruise lines to see which cruises they had at that time and where they stopped? We go to Ochos on the Breeze, in May. Please let us know how you liked it and what you did, we are open to suggestions. Have a great trip!

Go to cruisett.com and you can see all the different ports and which ships are in any port on any given day. A very useful site for pre-trip planning.

We actually went to Dunn's in 1995. At that time there were only a handful of people climbing the falls with us. It was one of the most enjoyable days of cruising we've had. However,with the development at Dunn's and Falmouth I'm just wondering how much things have changed in the last 18 years. Then, like now the cab drivers and venders were known to be very aggressive, I had never seen anything like it. It didn't bother me in the least, in fact we still laugh about our experience in Ocho Rios to this day.

Dunns will probably be pretty busy but not unenjoyable. We were in Port last year on the Navigator and the Pearl was there as well. I think the Oasis was in port in Falmouth.

Dunns in an hour trip from Falmouth and close to an hour and a half from Montego Bay. There will certainly be people from both of those ports taking excursions to Dunns but a lot will chose to stay at the beaches or other activities in the area. I'm going into Falmouth this month and I'm not making the trip to Dunns even though I'd love to go there again because I don't want to sit in a van for an hour to get there.

I think with your own driver you will have a good time. The bottom of the falls gets a little bottlenecked but once you get to the upper half people spread out and its great fun : )

We will be in Ocho Rios Mar 27 on the Breeze from 11:00am-6:00pm. The only other ship in Ocho will be the Norwegian Pearl which is docking at 8:00am. Two more ships at Falmouth and two more at Montego Bay. Do many passengers from Falmouth and Montego Bay go to Dunn's? Just wondering if it will be crazy busy considering we probably would be at the falls around 11:30. We plan on hiring a driver for the day.

I agree with 2PinaColadas--DRF is a must do! And I'm in the same boat ;) as SkiQueen2007--even though I'd love to go again, we're docking in MoBay next time & are not going to drive that far. :(

Do you plan to do anything else in OR? If so, I would try to do that first & then go to DRF. It is supposed to be less crowded later in the day. That worked for us. I know there were 2 ships at OR when we went, but I don't know how many ships were in other ports. We got to DRF at about 2PM, and it wasn't crowded at all. (That might be a little too late. They closed at 4PM. I would have climbed a 3rd time if they were open later. :cool:) If you go later in the day, I think you'd be less likely to see passengers from other ports because of their long drives back to their ships.

If it is crowded, one way to avoid standing in line is to have your own water shoes rather than renting or buying them at DRF. If you have your own shoes, you can bypass that bottleneck & just keep heading downhill to the falls.

Have fun!

Archived