What to do in Victoria???

We arrived at 6pm on HAL. If you like walking, we just walked off the ship and started walking along the Inner Harbour path with our cameras. It was sunset and we got some great photos. We both enjoyed it a lot. We sailed the 1st week of September, so sunset was a little earlier. In June and July its after 9 pm and August, after 8 pm so you should be able to catch it. If you click on my Alaska Trip report in my signature, Victoria starts on page 5, post #88.

I'm not sure how to get to your Alaska Trip report :( I'd like to read it! Can you give details on how to access that? All I seem to be able to do is read the posts that you have replied to.

Thanks!

A story just came out today in our local paper stating that the carriage operator as been shut down as they had not been paying taxes. I don't know if this affects all of the tour operators or not so I will try to get more information to help this thread. Either way there is alternate ways of getting from the Cruise terminal (Ogden Point) to the inner harbour where the Empress, shops, pubs and Parliament buildings are located. Buses, Taxis and walking to name a few.

Greg

A story just came out today in our local paper stating that the carriage operator as been shut down as they had not been paying taxes. I don't know if this affects all of the tour operators or not so I will try to get more information to help this thread. Either way there is alternate ways of getting from the Cruise terminal (Ogden Point) to the inner harbour where the Empress, shops, pubs and Parliament buildings are located. Buses, Taxis and walking to name a few.

Greg

According to the Times Colonist newspaper it is only the Black Beauty people who have been shut down which means the Talley Ho and the Victoria Carriage people are still operating.

Archived