Teppanyaki Confusion on Sun

2boyzmom

I just called the concierge number to book teppanyaki for our upcoming Sun cruise (we are in a suite) and was asked what time we would like to dine. I said "isn't there set times for teppanyaki"? She said no- we can dine anytime. I'm confused. I am no newbie to NCL and always had preset booking times for teppanyaki of 5:30,7:30, etc. Is something different on the Sun that I am unaware of? I booked 7:15 and lets see what happens...

There are set times for Teppanyaki....but the employees you get on the phone don't always know the answers to your questions. The main thing is you got a reservation (which will probably be 7:30!)

One word of advice - and this may not apply since you're in a suite - but we didn't get any acknowledgement of our specialty reservations once onboard. Fortunately I had printed everything out from home and brought it with us but my last cruise I got a note card in my cabin the morning of a reservation reminding me of that night's dinner time so I was kind of expecting the same thing this time around.

Is something different on the Sun that I am unaware of? I booked 7:15 and lets see what happens...

There are set times to Teppanyaki, as far as I've seen. Never heard a case where there wasn't. What will probably happen is that you will show up at 7:15, be shown to your table, and dinner service won't actually start until 7:30. But as long as the table has been cleared from the prior group, you should be able to sit down and order drinks.

DML

Archived