Best Carnival Ports to Snorkel In????

Shelby0208

Hi all! My family of four is taking an 8 cruise on the Carnival Freedom in a little over a month (this is going to be the longest month ever :() but we are hitting Antigua, Totola, St. Thomas, and Nassau and we were wondering which port is the best for snorkeling. Of course we are all ametuers but we would be fine with a few floaties xD but we want to SEE stuff not just a bunch of sand. So suggestions are anxiously welcomed!

Thanks in Advance!!!!

PS:So sorry if this was in the wrong section I didn't know where to put it :p

Can't speak for the other ports you're visiting, but when we were in St Thomas we took the ferry over to St John and enjoyed snorkeling over there. Beautiful beaches also..they compare to Grand Cayman. Otherwise, our favorite snorkeling spots are in Cozumel and Grand Cayman.

Enjoy your cruise!! :)

Eastern Carib is known more for beauty than for snorkeling. We go to Western Carib for snorkeling, especially Roatan and to some extent Grand Cayman.

We concur with the person who recommended St. John's snorkeling. However, it is a challenge time-wise getting over there and back. Ferries run only at certain times, and you have to catch them just right or you could miss sailaway. This would be a time (at least for us) that if the ship offered an excursion there, we would pay the extra money and take the ship's excursion.

We went to St. Thomas in '10, took a 1/2 day sail and they took us snorkeling, got to see a small reef with plenty of fish, and an area with quite a few sea turtles to swim with... It was one of our favorite excursions to date :)

We are going back there this October. We are going to Coki Beach which has decent snorkeling right off the beach. We are going to do a discover scuba excursion with Coki Dive Club, but they rent snorkel equipment too.

I haven't been to the other islands yet, but we have the same itinerary as you, so I will be anxious to hear what you find out :)

Hi all! My family of four is taking an 8 cruise on the Carnival Freedom in a little over a month (this is going to be the longest month ever :() but we are hitting Antigua, Totola, St. Thomas, and Nassau and we were wondering which port is the best for snorkeling. Of course we are all ametuers but we would be fine with a few floaties xD but we want to SEE stuff not just a bunch of sand. So suggestions are anxiously welcomed!

Thanks in Advance!!!!

PS:So sorry if this was in the wrong section I didn't know where to put it :p

It looks like you are doing the March 9th sailing on the Freedom.. You should join our roll call. There have been some discussions about ideas for each port. I would also suggest that you go to the ports of call boards and look at each island.

We will be snorkelling at Coki Beach in St. Thomas and at Brewers Bay in Tortola.

• 4 weeks later...

Which port has the best snorkeling? We are going to Roatan, Belize and Costa Maya. I am thinking of snorkeling in Roatan. Is this a good place to snorkel? What excursions do you recommend? Any particular place better than others?

We snorkeled with Upachaya in Rotan. Our guide AL was absolutly amazing. Reef fishes were varried and plentyful, we saw several stingrays, held huge red starfish, sea cucumbers, sand dollars etc. Was a great snorkel! The meal afterward not so much. But we were really there for the guided snorkel. The Spooky Ledge was just that spooky! It's a spot where you snorkel over the 15 foot bottom and it drops to 90 feet. It is completely black. the spooky part is wondering what's down there...looking up at you!

If you search Spooky Ledge Rotan Honduras on Google Earth, you'll see it.

Enjoy!

Which port has the best snorkeling? We are going to Roatan, Belize and Costa Maya. I am thinking of snorkeling in Roatan. Is this a good place to snorkel? What excursions do you recommend? Any particular place better than others?

Some things you might consider

The cave tubing excursion in Belieze we did was very cool too. Used cavetubing.com

Next time in Belize we will try and book a snorkel tour to the Blue Hole!

Our last trip in Costa Maya we visited Chacchoben Mayan Ruins with Ivan. Awesome time with Ivan 5*****

Hope the ideas help :)

Thanks. I checked it out and it looks pretty cool. Did you take a taxi from the port to the Man o War harbor? Was it just snorkeling or did you get to see the mangroves too?

Upachaya provided transportation from ship and return transportation to ship. It was included in tour price. Yes we saw the Mangroves. It's not really a tour of the Mangroves, you walk through them (on a boardwalk) on the way to your snorkel boat. Wasn't any big deal really. But don't let that stop you from trying this tour. This was one of the best tours I've even done & I've taken a fare share

I have a couple youtube vids poof AL giving pre snorkel instructions.

Sorry they are not the best...

Archived